30 Day Shred Question

Options
BioQueen
BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
Hello!!!

So I just have a question for those of you who are doing/have done the 30 day shred. Today is day 3 for me, and I am super committed! I was so proud of myself today because I had to work in the barn from 7-6 and after days 1 and 2 I was soooooo sore and tired. But I when I got home I went right into day 3 (so proud lol).

Anyway, my question is, when do you stop feeling super sore? Since the 30 days are continuous, there are no days for rest. I only feel sore, not in pain, so I don't feel like I need to take a break just for that. But I was wondering when the body starts to acclimate. I do more stretching than the video and I'm trying to get protein in right away and loads of water.

Thanks! Hope you are all having a super duper day!

Replies

• kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump. I'm on day 3 as well and quite sore....
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    im on day 7 i think.. and i still feel sore while doing it.. but after an hour or so i feel ok again..
    accept for my knees.... it really hurts my knees!
    well any exercise does its not the 30 day shred pacifically..
  • faithindeed82
    Options
    i quit being sore around day 5. I'm on day 7.
  • chryciw
    chryciw Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    The soreness started fading out for me around day 6-7. Then came back when I moved up to levels 2 and 3.... Different moves, different muscles! :)
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is my last day of the Shred! I was super sore until like day 4 and than the first few days of each of the other levels too. It depends on your body, but a lot of people I've heard from would say it gets easier after day 4! Keep working through the pain unless it's unbearable or you have an injury, but as Jillian says "Pain is just weakness leaving the body" and you have to put stress on your body if you want to see changes!

Keep up the hard work though! Way to stay committed!
  • Penguinita
    Penguinita Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Let your body have a breather! I stopped using my weights for 2 days in level 1 and the soreness went away. But I over did it yesterday (Level 2) and now have to take a complete break because my knees are hurting. To prevent injury I'll wait until it feels normal again. Not exercising for 2 days beats not being able to for a month.
  • bagpipebecky03
    Options
    I am on day 4 and I still feel pretty sore afterwards. I agree, my knees probably the most. It feels great though!
  • LamsieDee
    LamsieDee Posts: 85
    Options
    I just finished this workout. I couldn't do it 30 days in a row. it actually took me 57 days. I did other exercise on the in between days. after about 7-8 days, it does get easier and you won't hurt so much. also there's no shame in following the beginner girl. she's still doing a kickass routine. just some of the exercises are modified a bit. especially if you're way overweight or haven't done hard core exercise in a while. everyone has to start somewhere. I was so proud of myself that I committed to finishing 30 days of it even when they weren't all in a row. and maybe if I did it 3 or 4 times thru, I could do 30 in a row. maybe I'd even be able to do the harder girl's routine. but hey, it's a journey to slim. not an overnite magical thing. don't hurt yourself cause then you won't do ANY exercise for a while.
  • LizaMena
    LizaMena Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    BUMP. I'm on day 3 and extremely sore. Neeeded the info as well. Thanx!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I don't do the Shred everyday. I do it 3-4 times a week. I was sore after day 1 but then had some illnesses and injuries hit so I slacked for 2 months. When I got back into it there was no soreness. I do find if I watch any exercise dvd before trying it, I am more relaxed when I am doing it. Maybe I tense up stressing o what comes next.
    YOU HAVE AMAZING DEDICATION! KEEP IT GOING!
    OH! Take measurements too! My inches are going down more than my weight and tonight at Zumba I noticed I have some killer shoulders!!!!! LOL Thank you Jillian!!!!!!
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It's good to know that it does go away, and to be prepared for when it comes back when moving up levels! So far I'm lucky in that I don't have any actual pain, I'm just sore lol. I had to get up and ride two horses this morning and I thought I wasn't going to be able to get on let alone actually ride!
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4. Today I can still feel my muscles, but they aren't actively sore. The exception is when I went up and down stairs in heels-ouch! What I found helped is doing extra warm-ups before I started -about 5min worth and continued my stretching through the beginning of level 2. If you know any yoga that will help.
  • AnotherMichelle
    AnotherMichelle Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 and today is the first day that I'm not sore at all. Yesterday my knees were a bit sore but it's getting better :) keep it up!
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I only felt sore for a few days - but I think my muscles are excellent and restoring themselves.. I almost NEVER have sore muscles - even though I push myself to my limit everytime I work out (if I am not wanting to curse by the end of each set of reps on weights - I need to work harder)...

Drink CRAP LOADS of water.