Why does someone lose inches but.....

Options
Why would a person lose inches but no weight? This is what's happening to me and I don't understand what's going on.

Replies

• szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    Gaining muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat so when you gain muscle, but lose fat your weight isn't going to be changing much. It could even increase.
  • dez_yaoichan
    dez_yaoichan Posts: 454
    Options
    you may be building muscle mass-- muscle weighs more than fat does so if you build muscle mass while losing inches you could platue or even gain weight.
  • asilmegan34
    asilmegan34 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Wow, great timing on this post. I wrote about this VERY thing today! check it out www.all-fit.happy.blogspot.com
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Yep, equal amounts of each, the muscle weighs more. Thank God nobody has said a pound of muscle weighs more than a pound of fat. OOPS, I just did. LOL I love that rant when it gets going.
  • AnotherMichelle
    AnotherMichelle Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Yep, equal amounts of each, the muscle weighs more. Thank God nobody has said a pound of muscle weighs more than a pound of fat. OOPS, I just did. LOL I love that rant when it gets going.

This made me laugh. I second all of these comments.
  • trk24
    trk24 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    thanks lfred12.. Awesome blog post! Thank you. I have been one of those people who have logged everything, cheated very little, work out at least 4 days a week if not more, two of them with a trainer and have yet to lose a pound after 6 weeks. I am hoping good things happen to those who wait!!