There has to be an easier way...

Options
JuniperT
JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
So, I'll be honest, I haven't really had to add alot of food to the database or anything like that since I've started. Today, for lunch I had a 12'' roast beef on flatbread from subway with all the veggies, cheese and 2 lite condiments. I've searched and I can do the sub, cheese, condiments but the veggies are driving me nuts :laugh: I've been searching for them in the database but finding them is harder than I thought. I thought I should do the actual subway veggies though because it would be more accurate or does it really matter if I can find something close to what I had? I'd prefer to be as accurate as possible but at this point I'm ready to call it quits with the database :tongue:

Replies

• happybrooke
    happybrooke Posts: 153
    Options
    when I can't find exactly what I am looking for, I tend to find the next closest thing and be done with it. When I'm sure unsure, I lean towards whatever one has slightly more rather than less calories, just to be safe....but honestly, I don't have the patience to search and search everytime either.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    You can estimate the calories and add them via "quick calories".
  • homeport51
    homeport51 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can go to Subway's website and look for nutritional values for what you had then just add them as quick calories.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I would just add the veggies individually, but that's because I'm neurotic like that. Afterwards, I would save the meal as "Subway" or whatever if this is the sandwich you always get. Next time you can enter it in one click! :)
  • deb_rn
    deb_rn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I also pick something that is similiar to what I am eating, hoping that it is close!
  • jackiebo
    jackiebo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    and after you've found what you need, enter them under the "Recipes" tab, then you can go in and add them every time w/o looking them up again.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    check your inbox, I sent you something.
  • CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    You can go to subway website and build a sandwich and it will give you all the information based on the sandwich.
  • JuniperT
    Options
    check your inbox, I sent you something.

Thanks!
  • JuniperT
    Options
    You can go to subway website and build a sandwich and it will give you all the information based on the sandwich.

I have to look harder I guess cause I thought there should be a way I could do that. Thanks!
  • JuniperT
    Options

I never knew that was what that was for ~lol~ thanks so much!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options

I never knew that was what that was for ~lol~ thanks so much!

It's helpful with veggies or something with JUST calories, but when it comes to adding something that's got fat or sugar, then it's not as helpful.