The weirdest thing! I've no idea how i lost a pound this wee

Options
My daily calorie goal is 1350 to lose 2 lbs a week, and I very rarely exceed this. I've altered my goals to allow a surplus amount of protein, low carbs and low fat (also trying to tone up too).
Just 2 days ago, I found that I had not shed a single pound in nearly a week. I knew in myself that this is just fluctuation and sometimes the body reacts differently to different conditions - maybe different exercise, food intake etc. But this triggered a feeling of disappointment and a cheeky evening that can only be described as ''pigging out''

I reached my calorie goal of 1350 calories and just wanted more and more food. I began with a cup of tea (with added milk this time, instead of my usual black tea), With this i had several biscuits - 8 in fact! An hour or so later, very bored and mindlessly browsing the internet, I found myself hungry again. Now this I have not done in so long!! I opened a can of tomato soup, boiled it all and washed it down with not one or two slices of bread....but 5! I literally sat there and ate a can of soup and 5 pieces of bread! I was sure I would put on a pound or two - or at least deserved to!

Now two days on and the funniest thing. Where I mentally believed I had fallen into a rut with my eating routine, I could not shed a single pound. When weighing myself just a few hours ago, I had lost two whole pounds! How can this be the case?! I find it incredible that it seemed this cheeky evening had in fact triggered my body into losing a couple of pounds.

Miraculous aye? :)

Replies

• sterski
    sterski Posts: 1
    Options
    Yeah the body is amazing, I watched a show on the BBC about the "10 things you need to know" about weight loss and it really opened my eyes to how your body can react, sometimes 24hr-48hr after exercise you burn additional calories. Even the way you eat your food (blended into a soup for example) effects how hungry you feel later - its amazing. I google'd it for you and found this link - check it out;

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/10-things-you-need-to-know-about-losing-weight/