TEAM MELEE! --- Challenge of the Living Dead (CLOSED)

Options

Replies

• Faete
    Faete Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    A bit of a frustrating start to day one. I walked home from the station tonight, it started raining as I got home and it's not yet stopped. No more walking for me today! However, my first attempt at waving dumbbells around was good and I managed to knock eight zombie heads off with my trusty cricket bat for my personal challenge. :smile:

Tomorrow evening I'm doing a three hour walk along part of the Thames Path with friends so I should be able to make up some of today's lost miles.

Great story - great challenges! :bigsmile:

Fae XX
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Aw, I'm up! Stupid TOM.

Last week: 267.4
    Today: 269.6

I'm running some errands and then getting on the treadmill when I get back!
  • missxchelly
    missxchelly Posts: 180
    Options
  • missxchelly
    Options
    My walking speed is about 2.7 I have thick legs and can't do big steps, and a fast walk for me is 3.0 Jogging for me is a 3.5 and running would be about a 4.0 because I'm 300 pounds I don't run in fear of the pressure it's giving on my knees, so I usually keep it at 3.0 but there is no way I can do 5 miles a day. I can 2-3 but not 5. Is this something we can work around?!

and let me know what the other captains say because I only have time for 5 days a week and it's usually anywhere from 45-70 mins at the gym. Whatever fits in for that day around work and softball and getting ready for school.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Monday Challenge Complete: Jogged 3.71 miles.

Completed extra workout as well.

Today's weight: 179.2
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    My walking speed is about 2.7 I have thick legs and can't do big steps, and a fast walk for me is 3.0 Jogging for me is a 3.5 and running would be about a 4.0 because I'm 300 pounds I don't run in fear of the pressure it's giving on my knees, so I usually keep it at 3.0 but there is no way I can do 5 miles a day. I can 2-3 but not 5. Is this something we can work around?!

and let me know what the other captains say because I only have time for 5 days a week and it's usually anywhere from 45-70 mins at the gym. Whatever fits in for that day around work and softball and getting ready for school.

I agree, I think if the jogging goal is 2 miles then a reasonable walking goal would be 3 miles. 5 miles a day definitely isn't doable at my fitness level, and at 3 mph that's 100 minutes of day of just walking. :(
  • mrtentaclenun
    mrtentaclenun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    RESULTS ARE POSTED IN THE MAIN THREAD! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/286830-challenge-of-the-living-dead-closed?page=6

Check it out guys!!
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    July 18, 2011 - July 24, 2011
    Challenge: Option B
    Mini-Goal: 1,000 total pushups this week
    With my trusty steel pipe in hand, I ran for my life as I splattered the faces of each zombie passing by. "60% of the time it works... every time."
    Monday: 2.3 miles jogged + 45 reps of each exercise + 200 pushups
    Tuesday: ---
    Wednesday: ---
    Thursday: ---
    Friday: ---
    Saturday: ---
    Sunday: ---
  • Jessamin
    Jessamin Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    EEE I changed my mind! Now that I am aware that I am physically capable of jogging - I choose option B to make this challenge a little extra challenging.

Tuesday: 2 miles jogged at between 5 and 6 miles per hour. Weights will have to wait till much later on tonight because I am dying. :D Minigoal accomplished.
  • makena78
    makena78 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm going with option B.

Monday ---2miles down and all dumbbell challenges completed.

OUch my arms are sore!

mini challenge is no unhealthy snacks for me. I'm using a sledgehammer to crack those zombies to pieces.
  • amber_bamber
    amber_bamber Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    This is such a neat challenge. I love the stories that are posted every week. But right now I have a very heavy homework load that I have to get caught up on. The classes end in two weeks and three weeks respectively. I will be starting more difficult classes at the end of August and I do not think I will have the time every week that I would want to put into this challenge. I think that if I were to continue on the team would just suffer because of my schedules that I have to keep. So I am officially removing myself from the challenge. The zombies ate my brain (more like the math class I’m in). I wish you all the best of luck in this challenge and I am truly sorry that I cannot continue on with it =(
  • ACowboyKid
    ACowboyKid Posts: 142
    Options
    This is such a neat challenge. I love the stories that are posted every week. But right now I have a very heavy homework load that I have to get caught up on. The classes end in two weeks and three weeks respectively. I will be starting more difficult classes at the end of August and I do not think I will have the time every week that I would want to put into this challenge. I think that if I were to continue on the team would just suffer because of my schedules that I have to keep. So I am officially removing myself from the challenge. The zombies ate my brain (more like the math class I’m in). I wish you all the best of luck in this challenge and I am truly sorry that I cannot continue on with it =(

Aw okay. Thank you for letting us know! Keep in touch and good luck with your classes!
  • ACowboyKid
    Options

If that is as close as you can get to 3.0 then that's perfectly fine. I only stated the speed so people won't be like shuffling their walking... we'll leave that for the undead. And if that is all you can do for jogging then that is fine as well just as long as you are doing a jog. Also I just posted an announcement on the main thread stating that the challenge has been changed for the walking.

THE CHALLENGE FOR THE WALKING IN OPTION A IS ONLY 3 MILES. (caps so people hopefully see it, haha, I'm not yelling at you)

Just do what you can. You're not going to be booted or anything if you just did something and tried. I tried to up the challenge because people did so well with the steps and exceeded my expectations so I was left assuming that people were capable of this. We're still working out some stuff and whatnot so it'll take a tiny bit to get everything running smoothly. Sorry about that. =]
  • ACowboyKid
    Options
    Awesome job guys! Lets kick butt with this new challenge!

Also please welcome markaylarenee19!!
  • ACowboyKid
    Options
    Oh yeah! And when you guys do the strength training please only do the amount specified and you should be having a hard time getting out the last set if you're using the right weight. Doing an insane amount of them can hurt you. If you wanna go beyond the challenge then go beyond with the distance. I don't want anyone getting hurt here.
  • str0nger
    str0nger Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Challenge: Option A (walking w/ strength training)
    My weapon: Firefighter Ax
    Mini-Goal: More abdonminal and back exercises (Leg lifts, Rowing.. ect)

Monday: 2 miles
    Tuesday: 3 miles :]
    Wednesday: ---
    Thursday: ---
    Friday: ---
    Saturday: ---
    Sunday: ---
  • missxchelly
    Options
    Perfect thank you (= I will be doing the 3 miles then <3
  • Jessamin
    Jessamin Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Okay, I am flip-flopping all over the place but due to how sore and click-y my hips are this morning, can I go back to option A? I guess I'm still a little too fat to jog or I am doing it wrong, I don't know. D:
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Okay, I am flip-flopping all over the place but due to how sore and click-y my hips are this morning, can I go back to option A? I guess I'm still a little too fat to jog or I am doing it wrong, I don't know. D:

It's all about finding the perfect pair of shoes to run in. It makes such a big difference. You also beat those stairs to death so that may explain it. =D
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Ran 4.3 miles.
    Completed other challenge as well.