BWL Smurfettes and Papa Smurf 10/27-11/2

Options
Good Afternoon my fellow blue peeps.
I hope everyone had a good weekend. I went camping and I think I sort of blew my meals. Im sure I probably went over my calories but I dont know by how much. Hopefully it wasnt that bad.

I dont know what is wrong with me but I have quit losing weight now. In fact I am gaining now and I dont know why. I am exercising except for this weekend and today because the kids are out of school. I am still eating within my calories. There is no way that I have eaten enough calories to gain weight. It has been like this for a week and a half now so it is not water retention. I dont think its muscle either. I just started doing the weights. So it cant be from that. I am getting discouraged even though I am trying not to. It is just so hard when I am working my butt off and gaining. Its not fair.

Connie

Replies

• connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon my fellow blue peeps.
    I hope everyone had a good weekend. I went camping and I think I sort of blew my meals. Im sure I probably went over my calories but I dont know by how much. Hopefully it wasnt that bad.

I dont know what is wrong with me but I have quit losing weight now. In fact I am gaining now and I dont know why. I am exercising except for this weekend and today because the kids are out of school. I am still eating within my calories. There is no way that I have eaten enough calories to gain weight. It has been like this for a week and a half now so it is not water retention. I dont think its muscle either. I just started doing the weights. So it cant be from that. I am getting discouraged even though I am trying not to. It is just so hard when I am working my butt off and gaining. Its not fair.

Connie
  • ThisIsJeffHere
    Options
    Good Afternoon!

Connie--when you lift weights, you put tons of tears in the fibers of your muscles. Water is filled into these small places. You can actually show a small water gain from weight lifting. You know that you've been sticking with your diet, so give it a few weeks to work out.

Jeff
  • Sunibc22
    Sunibc22 Posts: 330
    Options
    I know your frustration Connie. You've been losing weight so consitently and fast. Every now and then your body is going to adjust to that by not losing for a bit. I could be a few weeks or even a month. You just have to push through. I know it's frustrating to be exercising and staying within your calories with no results but one day you'll wake up and see a big result. And you know that the exercise and right eating is healthier for you in the long run even without the instant gratification of weight loss. I think you and I started on this journey around the same time...late August and you've already lost 24lbs!!!! That's something to be proud of!

Any how, I sprained my ankle at soccer last week and have been limited on my exercise now. Beacause of my limited exercise I have limited calories and it sucks. But with any luck it will be healed soon and I can get right back into the swing of things.

Hope all you other smurfs out there had a good weekend.

Shauna:flowerforyou:
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Good day

i had a good weekend - except I couldnt get on the internet at home. I didn't do any formal exercise but I cleaned and cleaned and must have made 50 trips to the basement doing laundry!! I did go out for dinner on Friday and ordered a 'naked' spinach salad while my pals had pizza - yea me! I am showing a gain this morning that better disappear by Wed a.m.!

Connie - you are so dedicated please just give it some time. Its the journey for life so you can't quit okay??

Heather
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow blues Hope everyone had a good weekend and I stepped on the scale this morning showing no difference and after reading some other threads i figured out why. Arnt we lucky to be women! Connie glad to hear you had fun and dont worry your body is going to go through times where its going to be stubborn thats when its time to shake things up a little. Change excersise routine maybe excersise one less time just for a week and half just to jolt your body. Last week in oct. hope all the blues are going to make it a good one! Sorry no contribution from :( at least its not a +
  • gmpearse
    gmpearse Posts: 136
    Options
    Connie,

I was at that place last year and was so discouraged I quit exercising. I then gained 20 lbs.:sad:
    Keep doing what you are and like others have said, eventually you will see a difference.

On another note, my weekend was good up until last night. I hit a deer. Oh, the story gets good. I called my husband and he asked if it was still driveable and if I had head lights. I got out and looked at the damage as much as I could - it was 8pm, cold, and dark. I said I think I could drive it home; went to get back in and my door wouldn't open. Keys inside, van running. I couldn't believe I had locked the door. I went to call the sheriffs department and my phone wouldn't work because the battery was almost dead! So here I was in the dark locked out of my van with no cell phone. I found a neighbor that let me use his phone and I waited. A friend came to sit with me until my husband could arrive with the spare key. In the meantime I drank a cappacino and ate peanut m & ms :frown: As we waited my friend asked if I tried the other doors and I said well, no. If the drivers side door is locked then the rest are. He then smiled and said what if the door wouldn't open because it was damaged and not locked. I wanted to die when he then opened the passager side door of my van.:embarassed: :embarassed:
    I drove myself home and have since had to relive the embarassment and humor multiple times when telling the story. Hope this makes someone smile or laugh. It was quite the event.
  • connieq288
    Options
    I hate to say it but it did make me laugh just a little. It sure is getting cold fast isnt it though. Camping this weekend I think I froze Saturday night. It was so cold. I have to watch out for deer where I live also. I could have had turkey a couple of times in the past 2 weeks if I had wanted to hit them with my car. There is about 7 of them that come up into my yard and walk down the road. My road is curvy so sometimes you dont see them until you are right up on them.

Thanks for all the encouraging words. I put in my food for today including dinner and I am over by 70 calories but that is .ok..

Connie
  • ThisIsJeffHere
    Options
    Great job, Connie! I think worrying about 70 calories becomes border line obsessive.

Where do you live that you have turkeys running around?!
  • connieq288
    Options
    Great job, Connie! I think worrying about 70 calories becomes border line obsessive.

Where do you live that you have turkeys running around?!

I live in the mountains in western north carolina. We arent to far from Gatlinburg, TN. You just have to cross over the parkway.

Connie
  • connieq288
    Options
    Well kids were out of school yesterday for a teacher work day and now they arent going again because of SNOW. Can you believe that. We have about 3-4 inches up here at my house. They only put the school on a 2 hour delay but the bus isnt running up here at my house so they dont have to go and I dont drive in the snow. I have wrecked before on ice and I was pregnant at that time so I will not put my kids in the car with me and drive when I dont feel comfortable doing so. I still have not lost any weight. That is one week with a gain and then one week with no loss. This means that I wont make it to the gym again. :mad: :angry: :explode: :grumble: :noway: :sad: :huh: :yawn: That sucks. I need to go and work out.

Connie
  • gmpearse
    gmpearse Posts: 136
    Options
    Yesterday we had a light flurry here and my youngest started to get ready to go sledding. I had to ask her to wait until there is snow on the ground and not just in the air. I hate it when the kids have a snow day!! I admire those that can home school but it wouldn't work for me. School is like my reward for raising them safely up to that point. They go to school and I can shower uninterrupted!

I'm right with you on the weight frustration. No change again for me. So, I pledge right now in front of Papa and the smurfettes that I will stay away from the ice cream. I will not be discouraged and I will continue to make healthy choices.

Find a reason to smile today:smile:
  • ThisIsJeffHere
    Options
    Good Morning Everybody!

Strangely enough, we have rain here in CT (outside of NYC). No snow.

I ate spaghetti squash last night, and I did not go overboard. I woke up this morning, and I fear that I will have another gain this week. I am going kickboxing tonight and then eating a light dinner to prepare for weigh in tomorrow.

Jeff
  • Benson
    Options
    Snow Day - that's a little early in the year. Connie will that snow stay? I'm sorry you didn't lose but try again in the morning and join the Wed weigh in group. I've managed to have a net loss of 1 lb every week thus far (with stupid gains mid way)and I hope I for the same tomorrow. Have a good day and stay warm.

Heather
  • connieq288
    Options
    bump
  • Sunibc22
    Options
    I hope everyone had a good Tuesday. I live in the great white northern BC, Canada and haven't seen snow yet here! Lucky me so far I suppose!...hehe. It feels like it's coming soon though.....bbrrrrr!

I weigh in tomorrow and think it should be ok. 2 weeks ago I gained and then last week I lost but not down to the weight I was the week before I gained. I now hope to be back to the weight I was 3 weeks ago and have to start there I guess. I know...that was very confusing...lol. What I'm trying to say is if all goes well I should weigh the same tomorrow as I did 3 weigh ins ago. It sucks that the 1 week I gained took me two to get back to where I was!!

Oh well, at least I'm back and moving forward.

Looking forward to seeing those numbers tomorrow Blue!

• jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone... BUSY BUSY BUSY BUSY I haven't had a weekend to myself in months!!! And now I have to work this weekend TOO... :sad: At least I'm working frustration off at the gym every now and then. I am going to start watching my friend's kids a couple nights a week so we'll see how all that goes... (I don't have kids and haven't babysat since I was like 14... so ten years ago)
  • Benson
    Options
    Morning Blue Sorry to say I'm a drain on the team this week!! Stupid girl stuff!! I will redeem myself next week - I hope so anyway. I wish thinking about exercise burned calories 'cuz I do alot of that!!!

have a great day team

Heather
  • connieq288
    Options
    Well I weighed in this morning and i actually had a loss. I cant believe it. Maybe now I will start losing again. I certainly hope so. I got to do a step/abs class this morning. I so needed it. I hadnt really worked out in 4 days. I hate when that happens. Tomorrow I have Zumba and then Friday I will do another step/abs class. Saturday I have cubscout training but I will try and make it to the gym afterwards. And then of course on Sunday nothing holding me back as long as it doesnt snow again.

Now about Biggest Loser. Im glad Colleen got to stay. Even if they didnt take anyone away from the black team, blue team still beat them pretty bad. But everyone has bad weeks. I can attest to that. I think that the one person that needs to go is Vicky. I dont think that Brady would be as bad if she wasnt there to instigate everything. I also think that Heba should have talked to Phil alone about how she felt. I am on the fence about Heba. I really think she is trying and she is there for the money but I think that she is letting her feelings and Vicky get to her where she acts they way that she does.

COnnie
  • Sunibc22
    Options
    Morning everyone.

WEll I was able to report a better weight than expected this week. Woo Hoo! It's a rainy day here and kinda gloomy. I'm going to try my ankle out at the gym today and see if it's any better. This 1200 cals is killing me. I need to earn a few more to prevent a binge! :explode:

Hope everyone has a nice day!
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I think Heba knew exactly what she was doing and I think she was working to wear down Phil, and she did. I'm glad he's doing so well with his wife, the end was very cute.

Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE biggest loser, but seriously, it could totally be an hour long!! Two hours is a lot of TV time for me, I don't have an exercise bike at home I do that at the gym. I end up never going on Tuesday nights. Its like they spend 3 minutes recapping after EVERY SINGLE commercial break. We just watched that, we remember!! :explode:

Oh yeah, and Vicky needs to go, even Bob could tell she had Brady throw that weigh in.