NSV -- weight lifting

Options
aflane
aflane Posts: 625 Member
Tonight was a legs work-out day at the gym for me, so I started my routine. Leg lifts, leg curls, the abductor/adductor thingy, and then finally free-weight leg presses on the sled. I had increased weight on all my exercises before the leg press, so I decided to start slow and see where I could go. So, I started with 300 lbs and did a full set of 20 reps without difficulty. Next 400 lbs... 20 reps, no prob. Up to 500 lbs, brought the reps down to 15. Loaded 600 lbs on next, brought the reps down to 12. Finally, 700 lbs.... and 10 clean reps. I might have been able to do 750, but 700 was good nuff after 5 sets.

Only bad part.... had to unload the leg press sled afterwards! <lol> Hmmmm.... I wonder if I can get back to my former power lifting leg press numbers. I'm 20 yrs older though, so I think I'll listen to my knees. But as of right now, no complaints from the knees, just tired from a good legs workout.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!