What is your strangest NSV?

Options

Replies

• kirstiey
    kirstiey Posts: 243
    Options
    No more chaffing between the thighs in hot weather. I used to think that was the grossest thing ever untill it happened to me! I was only (!) 172lbs then and it made me realised how uncomfortable it must be to be 200lbs plus. New respect for super sized peeps. Now 156 and no chub rub!! Phew!!!!!!!
  • Andythefitfamilyman
    Options
    IBS gone. Guess pop, chips, chocolate and other fatty foods are not good for you after all. Who'd a thunk it?
    What!!!!! And here I am about to try the chocolate covered Bacon diet!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    My chronic heartburn that I have been plagued with everyday of my life since I was 12 is almost gone! I now only get heartburn about once a month and it's way easier to get rid of.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I have a birthmark on my hip that disappeared when I put on weight. It reappeared a couple of days ago!
  • sarahkbarnes
    Options
    Now that I've lost that nice cushy extra layer, my mattress springs are digging into me and keeping me awake at night. Never felt them before!
  • LushLoni
    LushLoni Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Mine is my newer shoes do not fit. Although, my old Nike work out shoes from like 2005 FIT!! Glad I had not donated those.. as they had not picked up yet!! These are running shoes and you slip the foot into the shoe and it fits like a glove.. so I guess my feet got over weight too!! lol

I've had this in the last couple of days too... the shoes I've been wearing back and forth work came really loose and I have had to hold on to them with my toes when I'm walking fast or I leave them behind... I bought a pair of black flats a few months ago and couldn't wear them because they cut into my heels too much - I wore them today, no pain.
  • kumarprabhat
    kumarprabhat Posts: 116
    Options
    Apart from toning up, losing some weight etc, I think my best NSV is being able to inspire my wifey to join with me in the fitness journey. I am loving seeing her trying hard to keep up and do her bit, despite her hectic schedule of managing her daily life which includes handling 2 kids, her FIL and MIL, and her demanding job.

I hope she succeeds in this.
  • uhoh_billy
    uhoh_billy Posts: 94
    Options
    No more chaffing between the thighs in hot weather. I used to think that was the grossest thing ever untill it happened to me! I was only (!) 172lbs then and it made me realised how uncomfortable it must be to be 200lbs plus. New respect for super sized peeps. Now 156 and no chub rub!! Phew!!!!!!!

This is funny because I recently thought a weird NSV for me is that my thighs DO rub together now! 20lbs ago they were squished so tight together when I walked that they didn't even really move against one another... Like one being! haha. Now they actually rub! It's uncomfortable as all get out, but it means my thighs aren't as close buddies as they were!
  • phenrichs
    phenrichs Posts: 102
    Options
    The guys can relate to this one (sorry gals). The one NSV I had that I have never shared before is that since losing almost 20 lbs my belly has shrunk enough that I can see the "boys" again without leaning forward.

I can't wait till my thighs don't touch anymore. I know I am getting close too.
  • anberlingasm
    anberlingasm Posts: 177
    Options
    I have PCOS (polycystic ovaries) and it affects my hormones. I used to have a bit of a problem with facial hair (extra testosterone makes it happen, apparently) but now I've dropped 11lb, my facial hair has gone. The hormone changes in losing weight help it. Bit embarrassing to talk about but it's definitely a NSV!
  • fozziewaca
    fozziewaca Posts: 66
    Options
    Mine happened the other day when I was coming out the back hallway at the store I work at. I saw a girl walking toward me and I thought "Who's that girl? She must be new." Took a few seconds to realize I was looking at my reflection. :blushing: Glad I didn't wave or something!
  • aharmeson
    aharmeson Posts: 55
    Options
    My Best NSV happened this morning when i came into work, I was called in my bosses office and he said my pants were to big and not acceptable to wear to work. He asked me why i was smiling and I said because i have been wearing these pants for a year up to this office and i just recently lost 20lbs. Best feeling after getting in trouble i have ever had. Although now i have to go by new pants
  • amberlee2011
    amberlee2011 Posts: 129
    Options

I can't wait to get to no chaffing. That's the reason I don't wear dresses/skirts!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Ok, you ask for it!! Sex..... I can use many positions without
    smothering from the fat, I can look down and see my body and hubby's
    no huge belly blocking my view :blushing: sorry if to much info:embarassed:
  • rmqt
    rmqt Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Apart from toning up, losing some weight etc, I think my best NSV is being able to inspire my wifey to join with me in the fitness journey. I am loving seeing her trying hard to keep up and do her bit, despite her hectic schedule of managing her daily life which includes handling 2 kids, her FIL and MIL, and her demanding job.

This is a fantastic post. Your wife is quite lucky to have someone who recognizes how hard she works.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    With my shrinking belly, I can now stand closer to the kitchen counter which allows me to reach things further back in the top shelf of the upper cabinet.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I'm a makeup artist, and often I would have to make several trips to my Tahoe for my gear, the past few weekends, I've been able to sling all my cases over my shoulders, tuck my chair and lights under my arms and go!! Even trotting up stairs with all of it like a pack mule! My endurance it coming back!!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options

with support like that, I'm sure she will!!!
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Nothing big enough to call NSV, but I think I've slimmed down a bit
  • Minoesh
    Minoesh Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    The underwire in my bra catches on my ribs, weird!! :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!