Food advice, please help

beki
beki Posts: 3
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi I know this is odd but I have just moved somewhere and for at least the next month or so I am going to have no refridgeration and at a push for cooking utensils I might have a microwave which is shared by a corridor full of girls. Because of this I am finding it very difficult to eat any sort of meal that is to a healthy standard. Fruit I am buying is only lasting at best a couple of days because I am in a warm and foreign environment. I have been eating complete rubbish for 3 weeks now and just feel guilty, ashamed & just pants really. I have tryed buying those tuna light lunches to, am now at the point where I would almost rather not eat. Please does anyone have any tips or advice so I can at least negotiate a healthier diet.:explode: :sad:

Replies

• beki
    Hi I know this is odd but I have just moved somewhere and for at least the next month or so I am going to have no refridgeration and at a push for cooking utensils I might have a microwave which is shared by a corridor full of girls. Because of this I am finding it very difficult to eat any sort of meal that is to a healthy standard. Fruit I am buying is only lasting at best a couple of days because I am in a warm and foreign environment. I have been eating complete rubbish for 3 weeks now and just feel guilty, ashamed & just pants really. I have tryed buying those tuna light lunches to, am now at the point where I would almost rather not eat. Please does anyone have any tips or advice so I can at least negotiate a healthier diet.:explode: :sad:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Could you buy one of those little dorm friges? Maybe shopping more often?
  • beki
    I have a table top fridge and a table top freezer on their way in boxes. I work shifts so cant borrow other people fridges. Shopping for what though? Thats the bit I am most stuck on really? It's pretty limited Cypriot fruit & veg. Told you it's a bit of an one!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    What about microwave steamer bags? You can steam veggies, rice & chicken breasts in those, add some spices & you have a meal. But if you don't have a fridge yet, you'd have to come home directly from the store to make your meal. Just an idea. I hope those appliances get to you quickly!
This discussion has been closed.