Hello =) and help =/

Options
Hello my name is Rachel and although i'm not entirely new to myfitness pal, i've never participated in the community before so i'm making my big hello. Well i'm 22 years old and i'm in college studying to be an art teacher for elementary school. I want to lose around 20 pounds. I weigh 157 and would like to weigh 135. My biggest challenge in losing weight is that i work in a fast food restuarant so tempation lurks everywhere from the free soda whenever i want to my employee discount meals, and yes i could eat the "healthier options" but honestly i get so stressed out sometimes or so desperately hungry that i don't even think about trying to control my cravings so i give in.I also work long shifts and my schedule always changes so i don't have any sort of routine, and my job is actually pretty physically demanding like i'm on my feet for 6-8 hours a day literally. And most days i'm just so tired after work that i don't feel like working out and then i later regret my decision and feel bad about my body and thats when i get down on myself. I mean i really want to lose weight and fit into my old clothes cause trust me i can't afford new ones and bigger clothes make me sad, but i need some motivation pretty bad so if anyone has any helpful hints or suggestions for me they would be well appreciated. Thank you =)

Replies

• rosadona
    rosadona Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    i'm with ya girl. same weight, same goals, same problems. i work in a cupcake bakery and it is ridiculous how often i just give in to cravings because it's easier. im pretty carb-sensitive - sugary, floury things tooootally sap my energy and give me headaches and emotional highs and lows - so once i start eating something at work, my energy and self esteem is down the drain and i go home too tired to cook a healthy meal OR exercise. i also nanny for a very sweet family, but they don't eat the best and when i'm there i am surrounded by processed foods (not to mention cooking them for the little girl). often it can feel like making the right choices require so much hard work and planning that it's easy to just give up or give in, but i'm really trying not to - i'm coming to realize that it will be worth the pay off. i totally hear ya and i'm on your side. it's doable, we just have to make it happen!
  • HIAH
    HIAH Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi there, here to help. Its so much easier when you share the journey with others. Feel free to add me as a friend and lets help each other out :)