Buffalo Wild Wings and Trans Fat

Options
I knew when it landed on the table that the Spinach Artichoke Chicken Flat Bread I ordered was going to be pretty high in calories. I tried finding it in the MFP database and there was no entry. I went to the Buffalo Wild Wings website and there was no nutrition info. Then I read a post on another site...

"The restaurant Buffalo Wild Wings does not actually post their nutritional information online, but they will tell you what is in each dish."

I thought it was strange that a national chain wouldn't publish it's nutrition info. Then I started noticing a lot of results were mentioning 'Trans Fat' and it made sense.

You ask the staff for the nutrition info on your entree and he/she can tell you the calories, carbs, total fat without telling you about the fat breakdown.

If you're going to serve your customers trans fat then they should at least know about it.

Search: Buffalo Wild Wings Trans Fat

Replies

• joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    That's interesting....I thought that the restraunts HAD to by law provide a nutritional info sheet if asked.

I'll search!
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    So I just looked at this site (it was the only one I could find:)

http://www.nutrition-charts.com/buffalo-wild-wings-nutrition-information/

And the trans-fat almost seems to be non-existant except for a some of the items.
  • ZenMomentum
    ZenMomentum Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You're correct. Thanks for the info.

Just found a NY Times article from 3/23/2010...

"...Buried deep in the health care legislation that President Obama signed on Tuesday is a new requirement that will affect any American who walks into a McDonald’s, Starbucks or Burger King. Every big restaurant chain in the nation will now be required to put calorie information on their menus and drive-through signs..."

This refers to Section 4205 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (the Act)

Sec. 4205. Nutrition labeling of standard menu items at chain restaurants. This initiative represents a compromise between the Menu Education and Labeling (MEAL) Act, sponsored by Senator Harkin, and the Labeling Education and Nutrition (LEAN) Act, sponsored by Senators Carper and Murkowski. Under the terms of the compromise, a restaurant that is part of a chain with 20 or more locations doing business under the same name (other restaurants are exempt) would be required to disclose calories on the menu board and in a written form, available to customers upon request, additional nutrition information pertaining to total calories and calories from fat, as well as amounts of fat, saturated fat, cholesterol, sodium, total carbohydrates, complex carbohydrates, sugars, dietary fiber, and protein.

From the FDA's website... "The FDA is releasing these two documents to inform affected businesses of what is required by the menu labeling provisions of the Act as FDA moves toward publishing a proposed rule in March 2011 on menu labeling."

So it will probably be a while before the law is enforced.
  • blafond
    blafond Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you email them they will send you a .pdf of their nutritional info. I just did this as my husband loves to eat there. I will warn you, the .pdf scared me away from there for a long time! ;)
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    Ive been to BWW a few times since joining MFP and I have no problem finding nutritional info.... Im just saying
  • csch79
    csch79 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm looking at the pdf that Buffalo Wild Wings sent me on 12/29/2010 and a few of their items have 1 g of Trans Fat but most of them are 0.

The Spinach Artichoke Chicken Flat Bread may be newer than this PDF since it is not on there. The 4 other Flatbreads are all listed as 0g Trans Fat.

The only items listed with trans fat (all 1 g each) are:
    The sampler, Chips & salsa, Ultimate Nachos, Ultimate Nachos with chicken, and the Chili Con Queso Dip.
  • kaaatielove
    kaaatielove Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    i made a new thread with this website... found BWW on there...

http://www.dietfacts.com/list.asp?brand=Buffalo+Wild+Wings
  • gingerfoxxx
    gingerfoxxx Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    is anyone really surprised though? It's buffalo wild wings....i just thought it was inherent that it is really, really bad for you. (albeit yummy)