Thyroid Surgery

Options
Has anyone had their Thyroid removed (Thyroidectomy) and having trouble losing weight? I have been following my calorie program for a couple of weeks on "myfitnesspal" and gained a pound. I also work out, but no progress. Does anyone have any tips?

-Discouraged

Replies

• VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    ::bump:: getting my thyroid checked out on monday to find out what's up with the rather large lumps that showed up in the MRI of my neck. Good luck with everything and try to hang in there, I have not been where you are, but I may end up there. I hope you get some good advice
  • mowfaux
    mowfaux Posts: 38
    Options
    You're taking Syntrhoid now, I presume?
    Are you sure your levels are good?
  • tg200907
    tg200907 Posts: 6
    Options
    I am taking Amour now. I use to take Synthroid (175) but it didn't work for me.
  • katem78
    katem78 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i had my thyroid removed at the age of 15...been on thryoxine for the last... 20 years almost... my metabolism is reeeeeeally slow...but i'm working on it. i don't have a weight problem but i'm checking my hormone levels often.
    do that... maybe something is not at normal level and it's blocking your metabolism!!!
  • tg200907
    Options
    I have my levels checked every six months. I really don't have a weight problem, but would like to lose a little weight (10-15 pounds). Thanks for the suggestion:)
  • tg200907
    Options
    Good Luck!
  • katem78
    Options
    that little weight is the difficult part. that's what i wanted to lose as well and did.

i work out regularly for years now and always be careful with what i eat. yet that 2-3 last kgs are always a big problem for me

it needs patience..check your levels... do a lot of cardio... and it will all go away

good luck
  • mowfaux
    mowfaux Posts: 38
    Options
    that little weight is the difficult part. that's what i wanted to lose as well and did.

i work out regularly for years now and always be careful with what i eat. yet that 2-3 last kgs are always a big problem for me

it needs patience..check your levels... do a lot of cardio... and it will all go away

good luck
    Same here, my body seems more sensitive to food now, I don't think I'll be able to not exercise and watch what I eat like I used to.
  • katem78
    Options
    mine too...

as time goes by i can tell what food does bad to my body. for example, it's more than one month that i don't eat bread anymore.. (maybe a small slice with my lunch) and my body looks a lot better. no water retention (even before my ... days)... a friend is telling me that 2 things harm your body from the inside : sugar and flour!!!!
    Flour is really bad for me...

we should "hear" what the body says...if it complains or not.
    i do hear mine and try to take care of it as much as i can.