C25K Before 2009

Options
Howdy,

So I was talking with my hubby and he said...what is it that you really want?....what do you want to accomplish? The first thing I thought of was I want to be a runner. Running is sooooo hard, but Sooooooooooooo good for your body!! I used to run years ago and enjoyed it a lot!! And enjoyed what happened to my hips, butt, thighs, abs...ect. So I have heard about C25K and I want to do it!

I'm looking for people who might want to try it with me. Basically within 8 weeks you will be running 3 miles all in about a half hour. Here is the plan:

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Anyhow. I'd love to share this with some lovely ladies. :happy: Anyone up to the challenge!?!?!

Cassidy

Replies

• cassangelidy
    Options
    Howdy,

So I was talking with my hubby and he said...what is it that you really want?....what do you want to accomplish? The first thing I thought of was I want to be a runner. Running is sooooo hard, but Sooooooooooooo good for your body!! I used to run years ago and enjoyed it a lot!! And enjoyed what happened to my hips, butt, thighs, abs...ect. So I have heard about C25K and I want to do it!

I'm looking for people who might want to try it with me. Basically within 8 weeks you will be running 3 miles all in about a half hour. Here is the plan:

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Anyhow. I'd love to share this with some lovely ladies. :happy: Anyone up to the challenge!?!?!

Cassidy
  • nightangelstars
    nightangelstars Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, that looks good! I've tried running before but always got frustrated by not being able to go for very long without getting winded . . . I'd really love to actually get into this! Maybe I'll give it a shot and see how it goes . . . just wish I hadn't seen snow today! :noway:
  • LandBsdotingchauffeur
    Options
    I finished this program awhile back now, but I swear by it. Take extra time on the weeks that you need to...I think I spent 3 weeks doing week 5 before moving on etc.

The other thing I did when I started and every two weeks afterwards was have my husband take a butt shot. I take it in the same underwear and shirt each time and with the same angle/same distance, so each picture is pretty much the same as the last. There was nothing more motivating than seeing my saddlebags decrease and finally go away, my butt firm up and then to see that my legs weren't touching most of the way up...Just a suggestion, but it really kept me motivated to keep going when I thought I was going to die!!

I've done a couple 5k's since finishing and am striving towards bigger and better things! I'm able to run for about an hour without stopping! It really works!!! Good luck. It's a great program :happy:

Heidi
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    LandB I am already running... has this helped with your distance at all ?
  • NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Aw-I would love to participate in a running challenge, but I'm already up to 5-6 miles on heavy days...3 miles is a normal day for me. Good luck with your running-You will grow to love it!!!
  • tamazinglee
    tamazinglee Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I did this program a couple years back and loved it!!! Then I got out of the habit of running:grumble:
    Early this summer I started the program again with my mother....who is 56 years old and NEVER ran in her life...not even a mile. But by the end of the program she was running for 30 minutes non-stop.

I am still running at least 3 miles every other day. I like to go for 5 miles but never have the time.

It's a wonderful program and it works. Take extra time when needed.

Good luck on your new adventure.
  • LandBsdotingchauffeur
    Options
    LandB I am already running... has this helped with your distance at all ?

It's helped with distance in that I'm able to run alot longer, so I can go farther, but I'm slow. I'm working on speeding up to go farther faster :)
    Heidi
  • laurenashley7
    laurenashley7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i'm in! i really want to start running and this program looks good to me!
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    :happy: My week one started on Tuesday...same day as my weigh in's....When are you going to start?
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    I did the Couch to 5K over the summer and loved it. One thing I wish I had done differently was to go by distance instead of time when it gives you the choice. I'm a slow runner, so even though I was running 30 minutes, I was only going about 1.5 - 2 miles, instead of the 3.1 (5K) So it took me longer to get to the 5K distance. Ran a 5K at the end of September in 43 minutes. Still slow, but it was a personal best for me. Now I'm working on getting faster.... Good luck! :flowerforyou:

Oh yeah! Check out the Runner's Club posts every day. They are great encouragement and you can ask questions of other runners. It also helps to keep accountable in your progress and goals/achievements.