Minor Milestones

Options
So, I broke down and finally bought myself a bathing suit.

The last one I bought was 4 yrs ago (bikini) but I never wore it in front of anyone! What was the point of that???? lol Anyway, I am on vacation this week and have been at the beach....seeing everyone around me in all shapes and sizes in a bathing suit and there I was sitting on the beach in shorts and a tank top.....again!

Ive lost 35 lbs since last September and have about 20 more to go to hit my goal weight of 135. Although I cringed looking at myself in a bathing suit when trying them on, I decided to NOT wimp out this time and actually accept myself the way I am RIGHT NOW, knowing my goal is within reach and within MY control. I still hate my stomach and the loose skin on it but I am proud of the fact that my back fat is nearly gone and my arms look WAY better. So, I will focus on what areas I am proud of and not obsess over the parts that still need improvement.

That was my minor milestone during my weight loss journey....what was yours? What little victory or accomplishment did you celebrate?

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Congrats.

Most importantly, enjoy yourself and have a good time....ultimately you want to be able to look back at the vacation and remember the memories you are making and not the feeling you had in your bathing suit. You are doing great :)
  • amfaery
    amfaery Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    good for you!!!!! wear it happily!! you have lost a lot you probably do not look as bad as you think you do :)

I just bought a pair of pants a size down and have them hanging over my closet door to try on every couple of weeks :) my new motivation
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!