Ladies-do you tend to gain/not lose during your time of the

Options
Just wondering.

Replies

• glamchic99
    glamchic99 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i do, but i think its due to water rention and bloating. usually a few days after its over, i lose whatever i gained.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    The first few months, I stayed flat during that week and then had huge losses the following week. Now I still lose, but much more slowly. I think I just retain less water as I've lost weight and eaten better.
  • littleali
    littleali Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I always put on around 3lbs during my period, but then a couple of days after I finish it's usually gone plus more.
  • msblueyes5
    msblueyes5 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I always gain, probably water weight but it comes off after the 3rd day...I have heard that the body craves an extra 500 calories during the TOM...Has anyone heard anything like this??
  • MistyDC29
    MistyDC29 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I do too. I have heard the same thing. I can attest to it too, because I am always starving during that time!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I always gain, probably water weight but it comes off after the 3rd day...I have heard that the body craves an extra 500 calories during the TOM...Has anyone heard anything like this??

There is generally blood sugar crash the day before. Your body temperature is also generally higher during TOM, which I suppose could moderately increase caloric needs, but most women just don't sleep as well during TOM because they are too danged hot. Poor sleep will certainly make you FEEL hungrier, though whether you truly need additional calories is doubtful to me. Lack of sleep means you don't recover as well from exercise and will be tempted to eat more just to bump up your energy levels.
  • msblueyes5
    msblueyes5 Posts: 126 Member
    Options

There is generally blood sugar crash the day before. Your body temperature is also generally higher during TOM, which I suppose could moderately increase caloric needs, but most women just don't sleep as well during TOM because they are too danged hot. Poor sleep will certainly make you FEEL hungrier, though whether you truly need additional calories is doubtful to me. Lack of sleep means you don't recover as well from exercise and will be tempted to eat more just to bump up your energy levels.

Interesting! Thanks for the info!
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I feel so bloated during the time of the month, and as it happens I did put on 3lb yesterday when I started. WAY depressing. I've not lost anything through this calorie control, I've gained three! But today I was down 2 of the extra lbs so that made me feel much better, I can't wait to see my weight now when I stop.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I stopped weighing myself before and during my TOM because I get depressed!