Newbie from Northern Virginia here... What diet methods are

Options
Using the 17 day diet...on cycle one day 17...have lost 12 pounds so far...it may have been more since I did not weigh myself on day one and I am just using the last recorded weight at the doctors office. This seems to be working for me so far and the food and exercise diary from this site are great tools for me to make sure that I am getting what I need to be getting calorie wise...but am having problems getting at least 1200 calories a day. If anyone is using the 17 day diet...is this typical? I don't want to cheat and add junk calories but I realize that it may hinder my weight loss as my body will try and retain to avoid going into shock per say...

Replies

• catmcnor
    catmcnor Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi I am struggling to get all my daily cals without going over daily carbs . I am hoping that less cals will equal more weight loss? Congrats on your weight loss you've done really well :-)
  • 38meanie
    38meanie Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks so much for the encouragement! And agreed...hoping that less calories means more weight loss. Maybe at a slower pace but nonetheless in a downward direction! As for the daily carbs...on this diet...I don't think its that much of an issue. I am on the second phase of the 17 day diet and so far (knock on wood) with adding the listed natural starches every other day...I am not putting back the weight on and still losing but at a much slower rate. Good luck to you!