Food Diary review

Options
LickyNees
LickyNees Posts: 101 Member
Hi guys,

Looking for any comments on my diet ::gulp:: and not just how bad it is - constructive criticism and suggestions would be great

Thanks in advance

Replies

• sugarbugger
    Options
    I have no advice but just had to say salmon, kidney greens, green beans and beef mince for dinner? whaaat? lol
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Looks pretty good - You may try to get a bit more produce in. It's great that you're getting in proteins and good fats.
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Snacks
    Tesco - Mixed Nuts & Raisins, 2 oz hand full 260
    Bananas - Raw, 0.75 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long) 79
    Cadbury - Bourneville Dark Chocolate, 4 pieces 125
    Tesco - Mixed Nuts & Raisins, 1 oz hand full 130
    Mcvities - Milk Chocolate Digestives, 3 biscuit 252

Chocolate
    Buscuits
    nuts
    they all add up..... maybe just have one a day of one thing... and not 3 biscuits/ 2 handfulls of nuts... all adds up...

Im no angel though...
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Looks pretty good, I would just cut back on the digestives and the chocolate. Even though dark chocolate has some health benefits, the amount you tend to eat is quite high. I see you are not tracking sugar, if you did you would see how far over these things are putting you. Other than that keep up the good work.
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    Snacks

Chocolate
    Buscuits
    nuts
    they all add up..... maybe just have one a day of one thing... and not 3 biscuits/ 2 handfulls of nuts... all adds up...

Im no angel though...

Im being positive... Not trying to critisize... just have one thing one day, and one thing another..?
  • erickirb
    Options
    Snacks

Chocolate
    Buscuits
    nuts

Im no angel though...

I disagree about the nuts, nuts are great for you, full of healthy essential fats and can be eaten daily and should not be removed from your diet, but watch the biscuits and chocolate.
  • LickyNees
    Options
    I have no advice but just had to say salmon, kidney greens, green beans and beef mince for dinner? whaaat? lol

Haha I have to explain this one!

My boyfriend left his spaghetti bolognese and I couldnt resist!!
  • LickyNees
    Options
    Looks pretty good, I would just cut back on the digestives and the chocolate. Even though dark chocolate has some health benefits, the amount you tend to eat is quite high. I see you are not tracking sugar, if you did you would see how far over these things are putting you. Other than that keep up the good work.

I admit chocolate is my weakness =o( If its there I will eat it and if I dont I cant stop thinking about it. Im wheat intolerant anyway so shouldnt even be eating bicuits full stop!

::slaps self on wrist::

Ill have to just fill up on spinach so....its ok though, I like spinach =o)
  • LickyNees
    Options
    Snacks

Chocolate
    Buscuits
    nuts

Im no angel though...

Im being positive... Not trying to critisize... just have one thing one day, and one thing another..?

Ill try mixing it up, maybe!

Only when I went for a food allergy test and the practitioner said to mix nuts with fruit something about regulating blood sugar? if I remember correctly.
  • kristidem
    kristidem Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Someone commented about maybe tracking sugar intake. I find I can't each as much fruit as I would like; it just sticks on me. I need to treat fruit like a treat and eat more veggies (salad, tomatoes, peppers, carrots, etc) instead. Maybe your body/metabolism needs less sugar too. Good luck!
  • erickirb
    Options
    Snacks

Chocolate
    Buscuits
    nuts

Im no angel though...

Ill try mixing it up, maybe!

Only when I went for a food allergy test and the practitioner said to mix nuts with fruit something about regulating blood sugar? if I remember correctly.

Keep eating the fruit and nuts together and daily is fine for those, just watch the other treats.
  • sugarbugger
    Options

Haha I have to explain this one!

My boyfriend left his spaghetti bolognese and I couldnt resist!!

Ah!! By the way I have no idea what kidney greens are... I'm an idiot. lol
  • LickyNees
    Options
    Noted re sugar - it'll have to go!
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    Snacks

Chocolate
    Buscuits
    nuts

Im no angel though...

I disagree about the nuts, nuts are great for you, full of healthy essential fats and can be eaten daily and should not be removed from your diet, but watch the biscuits and chocolate.

I totally agree.. i was just making the point that having both nuts, biscuits and chocolate probs wasnt the best idea because the fat content and sugar content is pretty high in all... All in moderation.....