level 1 30 Day Shred

Options
So, I was wondering how those of you who started 30 day shred are doing with it so far? I just started and am a little curious as to how long it usually takes for endurance to start getting better and everything, very excited that I finally started this!

Replies

• Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    It depends where you're at and what else you do as far as how quickly your endurance will improve, just do it every day!! I made sure I was totally comfortable with level 1 before I went to level 2, I did 1 for 14 days instead of 10. I wanted to get through it effortlessly, no breaks, what improved for me was balance.....I noticed that increase before I noticed an increase in strength! just don't give up!
  • nks798
    nks798 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    it got easier to me as the days went by and I really liked all levels, so many different types of exercises. I restarted it this week and the weights are what gets my arms tired right now.. I guess I lost most of my muscle there after being lazy and not exercising for a couple of weeks.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I did about 7 days on level 1, 12 days on level 2 (that level was killer for me), and am now on day 3 level 3. For me, once I got used to the level, after about 4-5 days, I found it easier to do. It took me 10 days until I could get through level 2 with no stops.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    im on day 8 and its gotten alot easier.
    but its still pretty difficult.
    i find i dont get as exausted, but i seem to be getting thirstier each time..
    like today im not even on strength circuit 2 and iv already had to pause it twice to down 2 glasses of water!
  • talysshade
    talysshade Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    My endurance started improving around 5-6 days in.. sadly i had to stop then for a while, but i recently picked it back up and noticed that my endurance was still at the same level. After 3 more days so 9 more days total, level 1 felt too easy for me and i switched to 2. 2 is really kicking my butt!! but i'm sure that if i keep going that'll become better, too. Keep at it, do it everyday if you can and you'll notice improvement.
  • shortee75
    shortee75 Posts: 164
    Options
    I completed about 23 days of it between June 2nd and July 8th, my husband said that he could see a huge difference in my performance from day 1. I noticed that my breathing was much better by the end compared to the beginning. By day 4 of level 1 and 2 I found it much easier to do the exercises; however, I still did some of them on the beginner level, but for those that I could hang with Natalie on the advanced version I did. There were even times I did a mixture of beginner & advanced.

I plan to start from Day 1, Level 1 on Monday July 18th and actually finish all 30 days this time (hopefully, I can do a straight 30 days as well).

I wish you much success :happy:
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    Options
    I am currently on Level 2 and you will build op the endurance for level 1 it just takes sometime. By the 6th day day I was able to do the advanced moves (I took a rest day after day 5). Level 2 is getting better for me, but still some parts kick my *kitten*! Somedays are better then others though! After doing level 2 I go back to level 1 (for an additional work out) and it is so much easier for me to complete, then level 2. I have to say I am intimidated about level 3!! :)
  • eml32
    eml32 Posts: 4
    Options
    I am on Level 1, Day 9 and when I started I was completely out of shape. By day 4 and 5 I felt like I was getting stronger and I could do each exercise better. I still have trouble with the 1st cardio segment and the push-ups but I plan to move to level 2 in the next few days. The hardest part was the first 3 days and fighting the soreness, get through that and it is smooth sailing. I will admit I am nervous about level 2! Just stick with it!
  • shortee75
    shortee75 Posts: 164
    Options
    I am currently on Level 2 and you will build op the endurance for level 1 it just takes sometime. By the 6th day day I was able to do the advanced moves (I took a rest day after day 5). Level 2 is getting better for me, but still some parts kick my *kitten*! Somedays are better then others though! After doing level 2 I go back to level 1 (for an additional work out) and it is so much easier for me to complete, then level 2. I have to say I am intimidated about level 3!! :)

I will be honest, I found level 3 to be much easier than level 2. I have also read several 30DS threads where people find level 3 easier than 2.

One issue I have it doing this on carpet because my tennis shoes tend to catch on the carpet so at times I have to go to the entrance of my kitchen so that I am off the carpet. Although, someone on another thread mentioned doing it without shoes on carpet so that may be an option for me (not sure that is the way to go though)
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options

I will be honest, I found level 3 to be much easier than level 2. I have also read several 30DS threads where people find level 3 easier than 2.

One issue I have it doing this on carpet because my tennis shoes tend to catch on the carpet so at times I have to go to the entrance of my kitchen so that I am off the carpet. Although, someone on another thread mentioned doing it without shoes on carpet so that may be an option for me (not sure that is the way to go though)

I do it in my livingroom with no shoes on!! no problems, and it helps my balance!