Needing shoe advice

Options
I am in the market for a good pair of running shoes and am looking for suggestions. I love a light weight shoe! The ones I have now are nice but really, they are only for looking nice not actually functional...lol! I dont' think I'm ready to try VFFs. I was looking at a pair of Under Armour runners at Sport Chek and have been eyeing some Nike's too. Anyhow, let's here some suggestions!!! :happy:

Replies

• bac0s
    bac0s Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I, apparently, can only wear Saucony running shoes. Every time I try another brand it gives me blisters.

That being said, go to a running store and get fitted! It's impossible to say what will be a good shoe for *you* because everyone's feet are different.
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I just got Nike Free's (I think that's what they are called?) They are SUPER lightweight and they are very very flexible. I use mine for kickboxing/plyo (Turbo Fire) and they have helped my feet and ankles tremendously!! They will also be awesome for when I start running! I highly suggest them.
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    My favorite are Brooks. What I suggest is going to a store that has a treadmill. They study your stride and how your foot/ankle move during running and suggest shoes that fit your needs. Blue Mile is where I got mine, and I've never been happier with shoes. I also found this article helpful:

http://www.****ssportinggoods.com/info/index.jsp?categoryId=222919
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I just got a pair of Sacouny's and I LOVE them. Got one whole size larger than I normally wear as recommended by a friend that runs and it was the best advice I ever got! I do most of my running, walking, hiking in the woods and fields so I picked the Saucony Women's ProGrid Xodus 2.0 Trail Running Shoe
    I am a new runner who has bunions and my toes were going numb in my other shoes. My knees and ankle hurt, too. Not anymore. I actually look forward to running now!
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    My favorite are Brooks. What I suggest is going to a store that has a treadmill. They study your stride and how your foot/ankle move during running and suggest shoes that fit your needs. Blue Mile is where I got mine, and I've never been happier with shoes. I also found this article helpful:

http://www.****ssportinggoods.com/info/index.jsp?categoryId=222919

Okay, so it's censoring the website. You know that sporting good store that starts with a "D"? Put that word in the URL :)
  • dragonfarie
    dragonfarie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I love my Asics. They are light and cushion-y with just enough support. I wear them for everything from jogging to doing workout videos.
  • ShellGetsFit
    ShellGetsFit Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone! I`m going out this aft to take a peek and try some on! :happy:
  • BARBIED0LL
    BARBIED0LL Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have very sensitive feet and I love jogging and walking. I suggest a pair of asics that you can get at footlocker. The medium to higher price shoe offers great arch support, are comfortable, and breathable. These shoes are also used by the contestants on the biggest loser. Goodluck!

P.S. Ask for "duo max" when inquiring about the asics brand. (A-sicks)
  • ShellGetsFit
    ShellGetsFit Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Well I did my shoe shopping yesterday, thanks to everyone for their suggestions! I bought the Adidas Adizero Mana 5 and LOVE them! I wanted the white and pink initially but of course they didn't have my size so the sales guy brought me the blue instead. Gorgeous colour, super comfy, lightweight, flexible shoe! I did my workout this morning with them on and they are great! Now to hit the pavement!