Running Skirts (dont know if this is thr right place for thi

Options
2»

Replies

• Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    I love the running skirts but my fiance hates him. Too bad :-P I think they're cute. I have ones with pink undersides...lol rock it and don't worry about what people think!!
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Love my skort especially now it's summer and warm, but I find the shorts bit underneath, the legs tend to ride up as I run. Can't say it really bothers me at the moment since I'm only attempting 5ks and I can pull them down when I stop to catch my breath, but over longer distances... could get annoying? I guess it depends what works for you :)

I have a pair that I love but have this same problem. I'm hoping as my upper thighs continue to shrink, there will be less thigh rubbing and therefore less ride up. I'd suggest looking for a fairly snug, good compression fabric for the under shorts.

Physique-wise, I'm 40, 5'10" and 215, and am just now finally getting to the point where I don't GAS about people judging me while I run. Runners, athletes, and other fitness-types are going to be supportive, if they think about me at all, and the few tools that aren't, aren't worth my consideration.

Good luck and find something YOU love!
  • gingerfoxxx
    gingerfoxxx Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I love them! especially on long runs. They keep me cooler than shorts, and don't bunch up. I like to wear tennis skirts because the are cuter (IMO) and they have built in compression shorts, so even during my stretching i don't have to worry about flashing.

I am thin but bottom heavy. I am sure the skirts look better on a tall proportioned person, but whatever, it makes me enjoy running more when i feel stylish :)
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    It is funny really isnt it coz I am no fashionista and in my daily life I really do not give a damn about what I look like and if anyone else does I see that as their problem ............ however................ in my daily life I would never ever ever wear long socks and a short skirt, I have a short tarten kilt but I wear that in the winter with wooly tights and doc martens, not quite the same look lol!!!!!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I have a short tarten kilt but I wear that in the winter with wooly tights and doc martens...
    You = rockstar. That is fantastic!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I have a short tarten kilt but I wear that in the winter with wooly tights and doc martens...
    You = rockstar. That is fantastic!

Lol! When I sing and dance I feel like a rock star, when I run I feel like an athlete, but the bottom line is I am as much of a rock star as I am an athlete :)
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i wear them and LOVE them! in fact my profile picture is me wearing one to complete my first half marathon. :) i think they would look fine with long socks. make it a fashion statement. my favorite skirts (and i have tried a lot!) are:
    http://skirtsports.reachlocal.net/shop/bottoms.cfm?utm_source=ReachLocal&utm_medium=Search&utm_campaign=SkirtSports
  • pjm1806
    pjm1806 Posts: 41
    Options
    I love them and I thi k you shouldn't limit yourself just bc you have some more curves. I wear them for fun. During summer I wear either short skort and I layer on two sport bras (I don't like my boobs jiggling). When I am bot wearing that I just wear some shorts or those tiny black Nike underwear-like shorts. They are not more than 6inches long on the outside seam and fit very nicely over your butt cheeks. I am 5'6 and 135. I am not super skinny but I don't really care. I wear what I feel comfortable in and it kinda gives me little motivation. I am thinking I wanna look hot in this outfit by the end of summer.

I think you should try it. Or alternate between shorts, skirts, skorts and tennis dresses (yes I wear them or running too). Look what you feel good in. If you don't wanna do just skirt try layer some capris under. It looks sporty yet girly. I prefer mixing black with pink on the bottom since my sneakers are pink and grey. Big Nike fan. And on top I go crazy I hve sport bra from black and baby blue to neon yellow and green and hot pink.

Do what you think is best or you. I hope it helps a little
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    Love my skort especially now it's summer and warm, but I find the shorts bit underneath, the legs tend to ride up as I run. Can't say it really bothers me at the moment since I'm only attempting 5ks and I can pull them down when I stop to catch my breath, but over longer distances... could get annoying? I guess it depends what works for you :)

i use a skirt with built-in spankies so i don't have to worry about ride-up. try these insteadof a skort:
    http://skirtsports.reachlocal.net/shop/product.cfm/id/1014-Marathon-Girl-Ultra
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Oh, and check out this month's issue of runners world - it has a whole section on "fastinistas" and shows a BUNCH of female runners in skorts and long socks. You MAY be a trend setter. :wink:
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I have three lululemon running skirts, but I only play tennis in them or beach volleyball... I don't like running in them, even with the elastic things that hold the shorts down, I don't find them comfy ... I prefer my lululemon running shorts

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=37177916
  • LeelaLosing
    LeelaLosing Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Like a tennis skirt? Not sure I've seen anyone running in them. I LOVE tennis skirts, when I'm playing tennis and skinnier, I do think I'm too short and with added pounds just not a good look on me right now....but if you like it, do it!! Your body will grow into them :-)
  • bieque
    bieque Posts: 13
    Options
    Just wanted to say that not all running skirts are the same, so definately try on several of them. I only have 1 right now and I do like it, but it's a little long and I like my friends' better. I live in Florida and it is extremely hot here right now, so the running skirt is a lot cooler than my capri running pants. Plus, mine have pockets in the compression shorts underneath, so I can carry a few things on my run. The compression shorts can ride up on me at times...that's another reason I want to shop around for another one.