What are you currently reading on your Kindle/Nook?

Options

Replies

• findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. Weird, but good so far
  • aksingingbreeze
    aksingingbreeze Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Heaven by Randy Alcorn, and Radical by David Platt

I LOVED Heaven. It was one of the greatest books!
  • aksingingbreeze
    Options
    The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. Weird, but good so far

Ha. I really enjoyed that book. It was a little odd, but a great read!
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    The Blood that Bonds by Christopher Buecheler....mmm vampires lol
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I really need some ideas for books for my iPad. So glad I found this thread! I'm currently reading The Secret Diary of Ashley Juergens. I love diary/journal reads and it was cute.
  • aksingingbreeze
    Options
    I am reading three: The Bible, a paperback book called, "The Assignment" by Mark Andrew Olsen, and Through the Fire on my Kindle for iPod by Shawn Grady. The two fiction books aren't amazing, but they are easy reads and they were free (paperback from the library and free kindle book). I read a LOT so free is my friend. I read about 3-4 books a week.
  • c7eat2live
    c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    The third part of the Hunger Games trilogy....Mokingjay.
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    HeelsAndBoxingGloves Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1) By George R.R. Martin

I'm planning on doing this series soon!!! Right now I'm on the 2nd book of the Hunger Games series *sooooo good!!! If you haven't read them yet do!!!!* and Then I'm going to read A Discovery of Witches!!
  • cnance
    cnance Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    'The Friend Request' - a comedy/thriller that's free on Kindle. Funny so far but I just started it.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting Henry Kissinger's On China. I'm a history/government nerd.
  • tubbytabbytales
    tubbytabbytales Posts: 5,883
    Options
    On my Kindle I'm reading - A Stolen Life, Jaycee Dugard
  • klross
    klross Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm reading My Horizontal Life by Chelsea Hander too!!!
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I am also reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and I love it!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kris0109
    Kris0109 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Next up is book 9 of the Pretty Little Liars series... such over dramatic, YA stuff ... LOVE IT!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I read all the time, but I refuse to go the way of the e-reader. Mainly because I just refuse to buy books. I'm not going to pay almost the same price for a book for one that's online. Maybe one day, but for now, no. I frequent my library. I go online, reserve the book I want, when it comes in, they email me, and I swing by after work to pick it up. I love turning a page. I love the sound. I love the smell of books. I love cute bookmarks.
  • bcbman
    bcbman Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Just finished reread of Games Of Thrones. Was reading enough each week to stay with HBO series that just ended recently for the season.
  • casirdms
    casirdms Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I read all the time, but I refuse to go the way of the e-reader. Mainly because I just refuse to buy books. I'm not going to pay almost the same price for a book for one that's online. Maybe one day, but for now, no. I frequent my library. I go online, reserve the book I want, when it comes in, they email me, and I swing by after work to pick it up. I love turning a page. I love the sound. I love the smell of books. I love cute bookmarks.

A lot of libraries now have ebooks you can rent and you can get cute covers for them :p

I've actually never paid for a book and have 70ish on my Kindle right now.. but I know some people do not like illegally downloading torrents..
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options

I love books also. I collect them, and I am beyond fanatical about keeping them in pristine condition. A book I know I'll want to keep and read again or pass on to someone else is a book I'll buy in hardcover. But I travel a lot for work, and it's just easier for me to carry my Kindle on the road (it's lighter, takes up less space, and I know I won't mess up my actual books). So I use Kindle to read classics (though I have a ton of these in my "real" book collection, they're free on e-readers) and any other free or very cheap books I can find that look interesting to me but are probably not books I'd want to keep in my bookcase and someday pass on to my kids or whomever.

In short, I guess I am saying I think there's room for both.
  • a10horan
    a10horan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am reading The Girl Who Played With Fire, second book of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo series. Pretty interesting book. The first one was hard to get into, but then it got good and took off.
  • brittaniya
    Options
    I'm reading The Descent (can't remember by who cuz I'm at work....shhh!!!!)....

FYI...I get books from my library constantly and there are some national libraries that will let you become a member for like $20 if your local library doesn't do ebooks.