The Green Smoothie Challenge

Options
So I have been trying to get more greens in my diet and ran across something very interesting. The Green Smoothie Challenge. I have not bought the e-book that comes with it but I think that you basically eat green smoothies all day for 10 days straight. I don't know that I want to go there just yet, but not a bad idea to do this.....just add one green smoothie as a meal a day! This way you get your servings of green leafy veggies everyday and a bit of fruit too! So I have been doing this for a few days now and I got to say, I feel a difference already! So I'm going to keep doing this and maybe work my way up to a mini green smoothie challenge of my own. Anyone else tried this?

Replies

• c7eat2live
    c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt do it as a diet per say, but I love green smoothies! I like spinach and blueberries and almond milk, or parsley and pineapple and blueberries, basically any frozen unsweetened fruit with the darkest greens possible and some ice and almond milk :)
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I love to "hide" extra veggies in smoothies and other meals.
    Here is a website with lots of recipe ideas for green smoothies: http://greenmonstermovement.com/?page_id=39
  • LosingTheWeight2014
    Options
    I have a green smoothie every morning. It's my breakfast. But it's not strickly veggies. I mix 1/2 a banana, 6 strawberries, 1/2 an apple, a handful of kale, a handful of green romaine lettuce, 10 baby carrots, 1/2 a cucumber and blend it all together. It's really yummy and only about 150 calories.
  • dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    ooh i gotta try this! i tried to make a green smoothie once but i used goat milk by accident... kinda scarred me for a little bit haha
  • nancymmorris
    nancymmorris Posts: 310
    Options
    I love green smoothies. Have one every morning. I add spinach, kale, berries, flax, greek yogurt, almond milk, banana, etc. Usually what ever I have on hand. I have put cucumbers, cabbage. The possibilities are endless.
  • nks798
    nks798 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    yum! I'd love to try this for breakfast especially! share your recipes please :)
  • tristajanelle
    Options
    Awesome recipes everybody! I have been putting a few cups of either spinach or kale and then 1 cup of frozen fruit mixed mango, straw., pineapple, and peach. Yummy! I am wanting to be a bit more natural in the way that I eat. Cut out all the processed junk that I know messes with my physical and mental well being. Going with a green smoothie for breakfast is helping me get on the fast track to cleaner eating!
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a great idea! I have not had a green smoothie in forever, and I LOVE THEM.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Sounds great, may try adding in green smoothies to my regular menu for a snack or breakfast sometimes. Thanks for reminding me about these.
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    bump for later