Anyone want to hike!?

Options
Hi everyone! I live in Boulder,CO and was wondering if there's anyone that would want to do a hike or two every month??? Let me know!!! :happy:

Replies

• JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I already do, so yes! I'm always looking for more hiking buddies.
  • Itsanewdave
    Options
    I live in Boulder too, I'm always down for a good hike! Add me and we'll go some time.
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    HeelsAndBoxingGloves Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Yay! Fair warning I just recently started hiking so I'm not very good yet... :blushing:
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Already replied to your status post, but so I stay in the loop, replying here too! =) Also, I live in Denver, near City Park.
  • pmorgan813
    pmorgan813 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I'm in Longmont - Add me I'd love to start getting some hikes in. I may only be able to get in a mile or two right now until I build up some more endurance but if you're up for that I'd love to join ya!
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    SW Denver here never hiked before but would love to try!!!
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    Yay! So far I've only hiked at Chataqua in Boulder and did a hike yesterday that wasn't too hard *but still made you work and sweat lol* and ended at an awesome overlook! Anyone else have ideas on where to go? And when would be a good day to plan one?? I'm think like Sat/Sun mornings??
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Sundays are out for me, as I work all day at my church. But if you do any Saturday ones, I'm up for that! I hike with a group from work sometimes, and I have been on several great hikes with them! If we want to stay close, Apex in Golden is fun, and has several different trails you can take. If we want to go a little further into the mountains, I've got some good ones in there, too!
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to have some people to hike with! Sundays are a little tough, but I could swing it.
  • Learning2LuvLindsay
    Learning2LuvLindsay Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Never been and my boyfriend refuses to go with me. Would love to! Denver area here. :)
  • Itsanewdave
    Options
    I thought this might be helpful too:

http://www.bouldercolorado.gov/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3058&Itemid=411

It's the Boulder website for Open Space and Mountain Parks. They have maps and stuff about all the hiking trails in Boulder.
    I grew up here too, so I've got some good trails to do also.
  • pmorgan813
    pmorgan813 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I grew up here too - there was one that we always used to do with school - it was a 3 in 3 out total of 6 that took us back in by a river and waterfall. I'll have to see if I can get ahold of one of my old teachers and see where that was. Beautiful, and not overly difficult for us beginners.
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    wow! lots more interest then I even hoped for!! you guys rock!! lets plan on a Saturday hike.... Maybe the first Saturday in August (the 6th)?????
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    That sounds great! Thanks for taking the initiative.
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! I'm in Westminster!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Eldorado Springs off 93 near Boulder (but south enough for Denver folks) is REALLY pretty and has some easier trails than Apex. Apex is pretty much straight up hill.
  • Swimgoddess
    Options
    I'm a former Marine, so I'm up for any distance/difficulty level. My fave is the Red Rocks loop and that was easy enough for my 6 & 10 year olds to tag along for. A good 1.5-2hrs... a finish in the amphitheather with a stair-climb for the really ambitious sounds like fun. I would love to hear about/try other trails though. CO has some of the best hiking and I KNOW I'm not taking proper advantage.
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    @Rachel.... that sounds like it would be a good middle place to meet! Want to pick a trail and we can start making a plan? :smile:
  • Swimgoddess
    Options
    @Rachel.... that sounds like it would be a good middle place to meet! Want to pick a trail and we can start making a plan? :smile:

BUMP