CRISIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chocolateandvodka
chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,850 Member
edited September 29 in Motivation and Support
I've lost some weight, this is true. but it's seriously time to tone. and quick...

Here's the catastrophe: I'm to meet my (very) fit new boyfriend's friends and their wives/girlfriends in 3 weeks (likely for the first time) for a boating trip. read: BIKINI.
granted, i'm a size 8 and have a pretty decent figure. but! i'm rather "soft" lol. HELP!!! I do NOT want their first impression to be "omg what is he doing with captain cellulite?"

I'm broke so i need penny-friendly ideas please. anything and everything!

Replies

• Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    30 day Shred 2 times a day? :)
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    ur a size 8 and in a panic!

my wife just laughed when I read this to her

HF
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    I've heard good things about Jillian Michaels 6 Week 6 Pack Abs. I know you said 3 weeks, but it's a start :-) Otherwise, you can probably google "ab workouts" or something and find all kinds of things you can do on your own with just your body and a floor.
  • dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Not sure what you are needing to tone.. but there are alot of great weight bearing exercises you can do. Squats, lunges, tricep dips, if you have weights you can do some bicep curls, etc. (or if no weights just lift soup cans)

3 weeks is not a whole lot of time to get super toned up but you can make some progress. But don't work the same muscle group 2 days in a row. Always take a day off.
  • If you have time, I found aquaaerobics to be one of the best for skin toning when losing weight.
  • MrsRadder
    MrsRadder Posts: 207 Member
    He loves you and they will love you! All they want to know is that you make him happy! trust me it's all any Mom/family wants for their son! You will do great he loves you and wants you to meet them for a reason.
  • molsen405
    molsen405 Posts: 5
    Shape and Fitness Magazines have awesome toning workouts - easy to follow and they work. Sometimes you need extra equipment, sometimes you don't. There's usually up to at least a couple different routines per magazine. Same with Women's Health and Self.
  • traceysturn
    traceysturn Posts: 196
    OK just my 2cents but in looking @ your pics you have come a long way & look terrific(that dress is beautiful & fits your curvy figure perfect). Screw these people if they are that shallow & judgemental. Put on that bikini & BE PROUD!
  • pcteck2
    pcteck2 Posts: 184 Member
    If you have time, I found aquaaerobics to be one of the best for skin toning when losing weight.

Here, here!
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member

Agreed if you can handle it! And the DVD is less than $10 at Target, Walmart, etc.

(I just finished 30DS once a day for 30 days, not HUUUGE results, but definitely more toned and bikini-ready)
  • mfreeby
    mfreeby Posts: 199 Member
    Definitely enlist the help of Jillian Michaels - Ripped in 30 or 30 Day Shred - great results for little $ and little time.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,850 Member
    not a bad idea... this i can do!
    Not sure what you are needing to tone.. but there are alot of great weight bearing exercises you can do. Squats, lunges, tricep dips, if you have weights you can do some bicep curls, etc. (or if no weights just lift soup cans)

3 weeks is not a whole lot of time to get super toned up but you can make some progress. But don't work the same muscle group 2 days in a row. Always take a day off.

need to tighten the stomach and do some major work on the arms/butt/thighs. the abs i'm not totally concerned about, they aren't bad... but the rest - OMG!
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FpM5pdfJPg

She has awesome toning exercises and they don't cost ANYTHING.
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    For me running and lunges harden up my legs pretty quick.... lifting and resistance bands work the best for my arms but have yet to find the miracle exercise to tone up the abs.... i dont really think the 30 day shred will help much unless you up the weights used to about 15 and maybe use 5lb weights during the cardio work.

if you are looking for free exercises i will sometimes take some weights outside and just do lunges until i cant anymore, or i will run long distances on some days and sprints on others, this will work ALL of your leg muscles....For arms, do some regular pushups and tricep pushups

Best of luck..thankfully i have been able to avoid wearing a bathing suit around well pretty much everyone. lol
  • rebysue
    rebysue Posts: 136
    Seriously, Jillian Michaels videos (my experience has been with 30 day shred and Ripped in 30) will get you pretty toned you in four weeks so you should be pretty good in three. You can pick either one up for under $10 at Walmart and use soup cans for weights.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Find a suit that flatters and rock what you got!

Your new dude has (presumably :wink: ) seen you in less than that and obviously likes what he sees. If his friends don't approve, then they're judgmental d-bags and aren't worth a second thought.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    I feel you!! I am a size 6 now but when I get up to an 8 I have a lot of cellulite on my legs. BUT, the other day I looked in the mirror...and there is like NONE!:noway:

Here's what I've been doing:

-Biking every day (mountain/trail biking) anywhere from 45min-1.5 hrs
    -100 lunges 2x a week (no weight, walking lunges..25 forward, 25 backward, 25 left, 25 right)
    -Leg day 1x a week with heavy squats (6-8 reps)
    -Self tanner!! Being tan makes a BIG difference, and some have shimmer. I don't like to tan from the sun so I just use the Neutrogena gradual-tan.
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    The shred is free on comcast infinity ON DEMAND!!!
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,046 Member
    First off You are beautiful!!!!

2nd.....Run and or Jog 4 times a week! aim for 1.5 miles daily! and it will melt off!!!

3rd.....remmeber...pressure is not on you.....they ALSO HAVE to impress you! Pressures ALSO on them

4th Be confident!!!!!! everyone can see confidence as much as they can see a bikini! people are intimidate/impressed by confidence!!!!!!

World is yours Babycakes!!
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,046 Member
    Shake and bake!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.