Eating before or after exercise...

Options
I have yet to find a good routine for eating and exercise. I try and eat before I work out, but don't always have time, and then when I get home sometimes its late and I feel guilty eating late in the evening..

So my question is when is the best time to eat in relation to exercise, and what type of food should you eat before/after exercise??

Replies

• LushLoni
    LushLoni Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I usually exercise before breakfast.

If I have an evening work out it's usually 4pm or 5pm so a good few hours after lunch...
  • Sweetlux
    Sweetlux Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I think whatever works for you! I have to eat right when I get home otherwise I am exhausted. And if I wait till after I exercise I am starving and I eat more and it's already usually after 9! I do have to eat light though because I don't want to get sick :)
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I find it really hard to exercise after eating, I eat afterwards, and I fit in as much protein in my post workout meal as I can!!
  • Sweetlux
    Sweetlux Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm in Cali too! Socal :)
  • caligirl2802
    caligirl2802 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm in Cali too! Socal :)

Oh how I wish I was still in Cali :( I lived there for 10 years but I'm back in England. What part of Cali are you from??
  • estepteau
    estepteau Posts: 146
    Options
    I normally eat before AND after workouts but not full meals just some protein like a banana apple or a protein bar. but at this point you have to do what works for you
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    i just posted a topic about this. lol ( great minds think alike ) from the answers i got its fine to do it either way just figure out what works for u and if u eat first make it something light. Now im not sure if one is more beneficial then the other or not??