Who's training for a Half Marathon!?

Options
My training officially starts tonight. I'm looking for other runner friends who are training as well. Please feel free to add me, and we'll compare workouts and hopefully still be friends at the time of the race!

Replies

• ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I am!
  • CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    I am too.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I am, slowly. I am on week 5 on Couch to 5K (C25K) and I hope to run a half marathon in the beginning of 2012 or late 2011. I'm looking at a 10k in September.
  • CardiacNP
    CardiacNP Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I did four 1/2 last year. Doing p90x now, but will be trianing for maybe??? a full the beginning of next year. And a half in Jan...Disney!!!

I still do the treadmill a few times a week even with p90x
  • T0M0
    T0M0 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Ive been training since mid April for a half marathon in October.
  • JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I have a couple 5K's coming up and a 10K in September. Beyond that, maybe a half next spring. Good luck!
  • tim_jennings
    tim_jennings Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are registered for the Oktobrefest Half Marathon this year. It will be my second half and her first. We have our first 5k (yes I did a half marathon before I ever did a 5k) on July 24th and we are both very excited.

Feel free to add me.
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Me too. 1/2 in November, full in April.
  • jah1165
    jah1165 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I just joined so no picture yet.....but am trying not to gain back all the weight I have lost but it seems to be a battle .....Maybe if I get back into running again that will help...
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    first half on September 11, second half in February, Disney Princesses!!! Feel free to add me =)
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    You know, there is no better time than the present. I'm hoping to run a 1/2 by the end of the year or early next year, so I think I'll get on board. Just found a 10 week training plan that I think will work for me. Count me in, will start next Monday!
    http://www.marathonrookie.com/half-marathon-training.html
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Half in October, full in November!

Add me!
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I've got 4 sprint Tri's between now and the end of the year, a half marathon in October and another 10k in November scheduled.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I am! Disney Princess Half Marathon in Feb!
  • jesscsock
    jesscsock Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Me!
    I have a 10k in Sept and a Half in October :) I've been doing 5k a couple of times a week so I'm building on that at the moment!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    When is your half??

I am running the USAF Half on Sept 17th and the Rock n Roll half in Savannah on Nov 6th. I'm training with a group of friends and we are up to 6 miles on our long run, repeating each long one twice :) Good luck on your training!
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I am registered for the San Antonio 1/2 in Nov & the Houston 1/2 in January. I run 3-4 times per week, each run at least 7 miles. I will soon be upping my mileage once the temps start dropping. :tongue:
    Set a PR last year at every race (losing 50 lbs helped alot) & am hoping to set a couple more this season. Good luck! Friend me & we can keep each other updated! :smile:
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I have been training since January!! Weddings have pushed backed my half marathon all the way to September...story of my life though whenever I try to do something for me lol. Mine will be September 24th officially, I was up to a 10 mile long run, then decided to take my extra time to focus on my speed so i backed down to 5-6 mile long runs and ran a bunch of 5K's and a 10K. Now I am full speed ahead again on week two running 7 this Saturday :-) Good luck on your training everyone!!
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my first 10K at the end of the month, then planning to start working up to half marathon training. There is a half in October that I really want to run, but I'm wary of doing too much too soon (especially with a long history of joint issues), so I'll see how I'm holding out when I get closer to that date. If not then, then I'll run a 10K in October instead, and a half in February.
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I am signed up for the Las Vegas Rock n Roll Marathon December 4th.
    Running a 10km on September 18th

Sent a friend request...any other runners please feel free to add me too :)