Hungry Hungry!

Options
I've been at this "new life, new outlook" business for just over two months and have lost 20 lbs. I didn't have much of an appetite before, and now I'm eating so-much-more than I used to. Now I'm making healthier choices and doing my best to stick to my exercise routine. I'm finding, however, that I AM SO HUNGRY. I've never been in a position where I'm hungry so often. Is this normal? I'm eating plenty (minimum 1400 net every day) and I make sure to get whole grains, veggies, fruit and lean protein. The more I eat, the more I lose! I never thought I'd have that problem ;)

Any pointers? I'm going to chew my hand off at this rate!

Replies

• skinnyhappy
    skinnyhappy Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Lol I'm going through the same thing! I'm beginning to wonder if I've somehow increased my metabolism enough to need more cals (wishful thinking!!!). I just eat a boatload of nuts and fruits throughout the day and chug water when necessary. I'm definitely feelin' ya on this one, I have NO IDEA why I'm SO hungry all the time and it drives me CRAZY! I'm also wondering if it's appetite and not hunger, can't figure it out.

Anyway, good luck to you!
  • homemom05
    homemom05 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Finally, someone is feeling my pain...lol! I've started this week changing my eating habits again, and trying to make heathier choices. But I've been straving and can't seem to get full. I'm thinking I need to up my calorie intake, I'm only on 1200 calories a day and some days I have some left over, so I guess I need to either cosume all of my calories or increase the 1200. What do you think?
  • kdet07
    kdet07 Posts: 117
    Options
    Finally, someone is feeling my pain...lol! I've started this week changing my eating habits again, and trying to make heathier choices. But I've been straving and can't seem to get full. I'm thinking I need to up my calorie intake, I'm only on 1200 calories a day and some days I have some left over, so I guess I need to either cosume all of my calories or increase the 1200. What do you think?
    I've set my daily goal to 1900 because my main focus is to consume 165 g protein a day. I have the mentality that food is fuel, but seriously, I eat a lot of crap. I'm working on fixing that, one step at a time. I def think you should up your cals from 1200. There are very few people who are set to be @ 1200, you're likely just under your calorie goal :)