Pumpkin and Cream Cheese Muffins

Options
Healthier_Me
Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
This recipe is a specialty of Second Creek Farm Bed and Breakfast in Owensville, Mo., along the Missouri Wine Trail.

94pumpkincheese.jpg

8 ounce(s) cream cheese
3 eggs
2 1/2 cup(s) sugar
2 1/2 cup(s) flour
1/4 cup(s) pecans, roughly chopped
3 tablespoon(s) butter, melted
2 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
1/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
1 1/4 cup(s) solid-packed pumpkin
1/3 cup(s) vegetable oil (sub with nonsweetened applesauce)
1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract

1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat two 12-cup standard muffin tins with oil and set aside.
2. Mix the cream cheese, 1 egg, and 3 tablespoons sugar in a small bowl and set aside. Toss 5 tablespoons sugar, 1/2 cup flour, pecans, butter, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon together in a medium bowl and set aside. Combine the remaining sugar, flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and remaining cinnamon in a large bowl. Lightly beat the remaining eggs, pumpkin, oil, and vanilla together in a medium bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture, pour the pumpkin mixture into the well, and mix with a fork just until moistened. Evenly divide half of the batter among the muffin cups. Place two teaspoonfuls of cream cheese filling in the center of each cup and fill with the remaining batter. Sprinkle some of the pecan mixture over the top of each muffin and bake until golden and a tester, inserted into the muffin center, comes out clean -- 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on wire racks.

Makes 24 muffins

Calories 202
Total Fat 8.3g
Saturated Fat --
Cholesterol 13mg
Sodium 73.7mg
Total Carbohydrate 30.1g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugars --
Protein 2.6g
Calcium --

Replies

• Healthier_Me
    Options
    This recipe is a specialty of Second Creek Farm Bed and Breakfast in Owensville, Mo., along the Missouri Wine Trail.

94pumpkincheese.jpg

8 ounce(s) cream cheese
    3 eggs
    2 1/2 cup(s) sugar
    2 1/2 cup(s) flour
    1/4 cup(s) pecans, roughly chopped
    3 tablespoon(s) butter, melted
    2 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
    2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
    1 1/4 cup(s) solid-packed pumpkin
    1/3 cup(s) vegetable oil (sub with nonsweetened applesauce)
    1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract

1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat two 12-cup standard muffin tins with oil and set aside.
    2. Mix the cream cheese, 1 egg, and 3 tablespoons sugar in a small bowl and set aside. Toss 5 tablespoons sugar, 1/2 cup flour, pecans, butter, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon together in a medium bowl and set aside. Combine the remaining sugar, flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and remaining cinnamon in a large bowl. Lightly beat the remaining eggs, pumpkin, oil, and vanilla together in a medium bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture, pour the pumpkin mixture into the well, and mix with a fork just until moistened. Evenly divide half of the batter among the muffin cups. Place two teaspoonfuls of cream cheese filling in the center of each cup and fill with the remaining batter. Sprinkle some of the pecan mixture over the top of each muffin and bake until golden and a tester, inserted into the muffin center, comes out clean -- 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on wire racks.

Makes 24 muffins

Calories 202
    Total Fat 8.3g
    Saturated Fat --
    Cholesterol 13mg
    Sodium 73.7mg
    Total Carbohydrate 30.1g
    Dietary Fiber 1g
    Sugars --
    Protein 2.6g
    Calcium --
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    These sound wonderful, but are kind of high in calories.
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Doesn't seem high for me but... that's just me:bigsmile:
  • cab2424
    cab2424 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Wonder if you could substitute some of the sugar with splenda
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Im sure you can cut the calories, simply by using light cream cheese, and some kind of light butter and yes splenda...sounds wonderful....
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Use unsweetend applesauce instead of oil:happy:
  • healthychic
    Options
    I thought Healthier Me was gone?
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    It's an old post that was probably bumped.

-Adrienne:heart: