To FOOD DIARY Sharers...

Options
Thank you. I just want to say thank you so much to those who go out there and share their diaries. It is a hard thing to do at times, because you put yourself out there... but at the same time I know for me, it keeps me in check (SomETimMEs).

It is frustrating when I see people telling others what they should/should not be eating/ judging others for off days but then you turn around and the same critics do not share their diaries, their progress, etc.

One last thing and I will hush, but I also appreciate the sharing because when I run out of ideas, actually let me correct that...
Before I run out of ideas, I cruise through food diaries... not to judge but to see what is working for someone else... or to try something new.

I love my milk and cereal, and I just saw one of my MFP pals' diary... she mixed almond and a reduced fat milk milk... BRILLIANT, it tastes great and it just saved me cals... at a time when every one counts.

I just needed to say thank you FOOD DIARY Sharers... and no worries, no ill feeling towards those who do not, it is your choice... the fact that you are here is an accomplishment in itself!

As always... CHEERS! To great health, life, and fun! :drinker:

Replies

• icandothistrish85
    Options
    I completely agree! And I'm adding you so you can spy my diary too! LOL :)
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Mine has been open since day one. I may not be eating perfect but damnit..I'm real!
  • Mateo1985
    Mateo1985 Posts: 153
    Options
    You ARE welcome!!! lol!!! any time!!!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    That's why I have mine public, I was getting lots of questions on what I ate that helped me lose all this weight. It's easier to just point to my diary, and it does help keep me in line. I log what I can and if it's a crappy day, its out there for the world to see so I can get the encouragement to get right back on track.
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    It's just another means to help, or be helped!!!
    Adding you so you can see mine too

Di
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Amen, mine has been open since day 1. If it is private, what is the point?
  • AAJoseph
    AAJoseph Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks for support!
  • wenlot7
    wenlot7 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    No problem. I am also adding you as a friend cause I like to spy on other food diaries too! And my food diary has been open since day 1 too. Yay for diary sharers!!!
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I have always had an open diary, and urge my 'friends' to do the same. I sometimes offer advice to them when I see things that could be holding them back from their goals, but it is not from a judging standpoint. I try to help. I also urge them to read my 'About Me' section to see what has worked for me.
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I've always shared, never thought not to....

One of my MFP pals told me something similar - that I always ate interesting food.... and that it gave her some good ideas.

Until then, I never really thought about it - but afterwards I was really happy that I helped someone.

So thanks...
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Well said! I totally agree and feel the same way!
  • SabrinaG1986
    SabrinaG1986 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    NO PROB.
  • tuskegee4
    tuskegee4 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Have been on MFP since December and read a lot of posts, but yours has changed my mind about diary, friends, and why I am on here anyway. I am sending you a friend request and looking for more support out there, so send I'm looking for friends to support and be supported. I'm no expert, but the only thing I enjoy reading are articles about food and fitness. Your post made me think I may have something to share with others and can definitely learn something new from others. Thanks
  • sbrown6
    sbrown6 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Mine was private at first but then I saw someone's forum post about diary sharing. All the post said was: "why not share it? what are you hiding?" So, I asked myself "what are you hiding, Steph?" Nothing. So I shared it.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I agree, it's amazing that so many share their diaries so openly! I'm in the middle- I share my diary with friends only. I accept all friend requests, though! :-)
  • pamital
    pamital Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Yes! I love diary sharers too.

And you what ? I just checked and amended mine to public too. (didn't realise I had set it to private - oops)

Thanks!
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I agree about sharing diaries. I find that sharing my diary helps me a lot. I used to keep mine private and decided to make mine open to friends. Helps me a lot with accountability and to get ideas of things to eat. I have been doing so much better with my fitness pal since making my journal open to friends.
  • wellbur
    wellbur Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    it is a great idea, if you are stuck on what to have for a change you can have a peek, will add you as a friend to help you along.
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    nae bother