quit ww...yes or no?!?!

Options
2»

Replies

• CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers in my opinion is good for people who don't know much about nutrition and are not overly interested in learning too much about it.

If you're busy and you don't want to waste time learning too much about nutrition, carbs, proteins, and fats and don't want to spend your time counting calories, then weight watchers is a decent choice since they do most of those calculations for you.

It is a very simplified form of calorie counting but you don't really know what you're doing to your body other than feeding it a certain number of points.

If you're more interested in learning about health and nutrition and have the time to sustain it for a while, I think you'd do much better counting calories, looking at your macros, and trying different things out to see what works best for your body.

+1
  • nachisdoll
    nachisdoll Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys!!!
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I did WW from January (when I started this weightloss journey) to March. I lost well and consistently on the plan. But when I found MFP in late February I started tracking calories too and didn't see any difference between the two programs over all -- and MFP is free. :)

I think in the LONG run it's better to be accustomed to minding calories. Unless you are planning to be a lifelong WW member, I think think learning calories and judging the macronutrient breakdown of foods on your own is something you need to learn to do. The "points" take all that into consideration - but it's a pain in the butt to constantly be calculating the point value for everything.
  • jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    if you have a smart phone you can download both the old weight watchers, and points plus calculators... plug the food in here to get the carb/protein/fat/fiber breakdown, then calcuate the points, then you wont have to spend the money on the program
    thats what i do with ww
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Do you LOVE Weight Watchers Online and can you afford it?

For me, until I answered "no" to both of those, I kept my WW Online membership. I loved it and could afford it.

I wanted a change, and I found it in MFP. I hadn't been following WW for a couple of weeks at that point, and I realized that I needed that $18 a month for other things, so I quit WW Online and am now full time following MFP! :-)
  • Sherrellynn
    Options
    I have been on ww before and had the same problem. I went to a dietician and she suggest using this sight instead but said ww is ok also. I am sticking to this site. nothing to figure out just log in, fill in and go about your day . at any rate good luck Sherrel
  • bjalter
    bjalter Posts: 43
    Options
    I've done WW and have had mixed results. After doing MFP for 6 weeks and losing 21 pounds, I would never go back to WW. I now consider WW as "MFP for dummies". They dumb a lot of things down for the members, and many people really do have no clue about food and nutrition and they need more hand-holding. WW is more-or-less just a simplified version of MFP that utilizes a patented formual for calculating "points". If you are educated and understand the basics of food and nutrition, MFP is great.
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I did WW for 8 months in 2005 and lost 45lbs. I've since gained back 35lbs and have been attempting to take it back off using WW. But the plan has changed so much that I almost hate it and find it difficult to control myself:( So I'm giving MFP a try. So far... so good?
  • nachisdoll
    nachisdoll Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I canceled my membership that was gna renew july 26! I am now gna log my food here at mfp...i will try to log the night before....and then adjust as the day goes on!:tongue:
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

For me, until I answered "no" to both of those, I kept my WW Online membership. I loved it and could afford it.

I wanted a change, and I found it in MFP. I hadn't been following WW for a couple of weeks at that point, and I realized that I needed that $18 a month for other things, so I quit WW Online and am now full time following MFP! :-)

You go girl!
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I liked WW but it got expensive because I couldn't make every meeting yet I still had to pay $12 for the missed weeks.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options

You go girl!

Thanks! :drinker: Cheers!