Heart Rate Monitors

Options
So I wanna get a heart rate monitor, preferably a watch one, but I don't feel like spending hundreds of dollars. Any suggestions on where to buy?

Replies

• supergirlpw
    supergirlpw Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    polar F11 on amazon. communicates with the cardio machines at the gym as well.
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    im in the same boat. walmart has one for like 27 bucks LOL. google heart rate monitor and youlll see it. also try ebay
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I recommend the Polar FT6 or FT7. Whatever brand you choose, make SURE it comes with a chest strap.
  • wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 and love it...go to heartratemonitorsusa.com. great prices and fast shipping
  • gburnett2310
    Options
    I use a Polar brand heart rate monitor. It's a watch style with the band that fits around the chest. You program it for your height, weight, max heart rate, minimum heart rate, and gender. It's very accurate and not too expensive. You can find them at ****'s and Academy. I'm not sure if Wal Mart or Target have it, but you can check.
  • adamcf
    adamcf Posts: 126
    Options
    I need one too. do any of these track and record heart rate for a whole workout? is there a way to view or upload data to a computer?
  • mbofinger
    mbofinger Posts: 7
    Options
    I have been using the Polar FT4 for a little over 3 months now & I absolutely LOVE it! It comes with the chest strap, it is easy to use & the chest strap is easy to clean. You can find it for a little under $100 & they have it on amazon. Definitely worth the money! :)
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 and love it...go to heartratemonitorsusa.com. great prices and fast shipping

yep thats exactly where i got my ft7, great price + got here quick= very happy fairy.

but trust me, get one with a chest strap, my first one was just the watch type with out strap and it SUCKED, big diffrence with the new one.

oh and you might get a little nsv like i did today, had to tighten up the chest strap quite a bit today.
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    I was thinking of getting one as well but didn't want to spend a lot of $$.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    i have the polar ft4 and love it. i also have the cheap one from walmart, if had just bought the polar first i'd have saved 30 dollars lol.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    polar F11 on amazon. communicates with the cardio machines at the gym as well.

how cool is that!!!

I use the Polar F6 :) it has a chest strap and it is very user friendly.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    i have the polar ft4 and love it. i also have the cheap one from walmart, if had just bought the polar first i'd have saved 30 dollars lol.

i feel your pain
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I've got a New Balance HRM that I bought at Target for $50. It was on sale though. The original price was $75.
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    i found a new balance one with a chest strap (highly reccommended as it seems to track hr more consistently) at Costco for $40
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Decent enough ones aren't overly expensive. Polar FT4 can be found for around $75 average. (Makes a great gift idea). Just make sure whatever you get has a chest strap (for higher accuracy) and tracks calories. The more expensive you go the more features, like recording workout logs for multiple sessions, GPS, etc etc.
  • Hopeinanguish
    Hopeinanguish Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Stick with Polar...the investment is worth it. A bad HRM can screw up your goals.

I have the FT7
  • Charger440
    Charger440 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I got the Timex one on Amazon that is about $45. Don't remember the model but so far it works great for me and I've had it about 5 months and use it several times a week. I looked at Polar cause they are highly rated but the one I got works great and was cheaper. This Timex also says the strap will work with machines but I have not tried that feature to be honest.

Timex T5G971 Unisex Sports Personal Heart Rate Monitor Watch
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    I see some people that wear them on their upper arm. Is this chest strap what they are using - is it that adaptable?
  • DonPendergraft
    DonPendergraft Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    If you just want a HRM, get a Polar. Great product. I personally use a Garmin Forerunner 305. It has a chest strap and HRM, but also it is a GPS. It will keep track of mileage, pace, HR, elevation, etc. Amazing. But if you are just going to the gym, stick with the Polar. If you go outside for your activities, get the Garmin. The 305 is only $118 on Amazon. Alot of bang for the buck.
  • QueenHanifa
    QueenHanifa Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Ihave ther polar f4 love it and just foung out last night it's water proof and you can store data..oh it has constant tracking of your heart rate..got it from target