Don't Let The Name Scare you

MarkTheBeastR
MarkTheBeastR Posts: 79 Member
edited September 29 in Introduce Yourself
Well I am new to the website. I guess that is pretty obvious from the fact that I am posting this in the "Intorduce Yourself" section, huh? I've been on my "lifestyle change" journey now sine February 7th of this year. I started out at 365 pounds. I am now down to 295 pounds. I initially started with just small changes to my diet. And after some time I started walking. Then I started running. And then I started cycling. I have hit a plateau in my weight loss and I have to admit that during the past 5 months I've never tracked my calories. So this morning I saw a post from a friend on DailyMile.com about this site. So I decided that I should check it out and see if I could figure out why my weight loss has slowed while my level of activity has increased. I hope that it works. I assume that much like any "social website" the goal is to make friends and encourage one another. I always welcome positive people and comments and feel that I provide the same to my friends. Don't let the name scare you. I'm actually a pretty easy going guy. Thanks for reading and I look forward to becoming less of a person with you. I mean more of a person, but less of a person. Wait. Well, you know what I mean.

Replies

• fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Welcome and congrats on your weight loss thus far! Feel free to add me as a friend. The biggest reason for my success is myfitnesspal friends keeping me on track and excited about this journey!

As long as you are patient and dedicated to logging your food you will succeed. If you struggle, that's where your buddies come in. This is the first time in my life that I have lost this much weight in this amount of time and i cannot recommend MFP enough. It is truely amazing!
  • Welcome :-) we are all here to help and motivate each other!
  • Sonchie
    Sonchie Posts: 259 Member
    Lol..Love the introduction. Welcome! This is the site for seeing exactly what you're doing right or wrong. Many supportive people to help you along the way too.

TIP: maybe get a new name. That one's a bit scarey, indeed. LOL
This discussion has been closed.