Bed time snack!

2»

Replies

• bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    I eat right up till I go to bed. I've lost 67 pounds since March, so I guess it hasn't hurt me in anyway! :)
  • MzPix
    MzPix Posts: 177 Member
    Depends on what your goals are, however meal timing is irrelevant. It also does not matter if you eat late at night. The entire eating late at night myth was already debunked.

I'd like to learn more about this.
    Having a family full of diabetics, pre-diabetics, and having PCOS myself, I have always struggled with the concept of quitting food at 6 or 7pm and not eating again until breakfast.
    I've actually had doctors and nutritionists tell me that eating a slow digesting protein, low carb snack before bed is a wise choice. Some night snacks they have suggested include:
    lowfat cottage cheese and tomato slices
    celery with peanut butter
    low-sodium bean soup
    salad with tofu and avocado

I would like to learn more about the debates/science on bedtime snacking if anyone has any links or recommendations.
  • HotMamaByVday
    HotMamaByVday Posts: 343 Member
    My bedtime snack is a glass of wine. Kids in bed, house quiet, glass of mommy time wine!
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Depends on what your goals are, however meal timing is irrelevant. It also does not matter if you eat late at night. The entire eating late at night myth was already debunked.

I'd like to learn more about this.
    Having a family full of diabetics, pre-diabetics, and having PCOS myself, I have always struggled with the concept of quitting food at 6 or 7pm and not eating again until breakfast.
    I've actually had doctors and nutritionists tell me that eating a slow digesting protein, low carb snack before bed is a wise choice. Some night snacks they have suggested include:
    lowfat cottage cheese and tomato slices
    celery with peanut butter
    low-sodium bean soup
    salad with tofu and avocado

I would like to learn more about the debates/science on bedtime snacking if anyone has any links or recommendations.

Sure. http://www.leangains.com/2011/06/is-late-night-eating-better-for-fat.html

This site is my bread and butter, along with the nutrition section in bodybuilding.com forums. Martin at leangains.com even shows you the controlled studies behind the late night eating myth.
This discussion has been closed.