ScrappyDreamers-Let's introduce ourselves!~Still an open gro

Options
Hi ladies. Hope all is well this is my first post today. My dd is sick with a stomach bug and I have been busy with her.

I will introduce myself first. My name is Loraine, I am 40 years old. Married and have two girls. I just graduated from nursing school and am taking my boards next month. I 've gained some while in school; etc. and am looking to lose 15-20 lbs. And of course I scrapbook. What I lack is motivation and am looking to find it here!

:wink:
Loraine

Replies

• fmbarbuto
    fmbarbuto Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Fran and I'm 40 (to be 41 on 7/24). I'm married 14 years to my DH Ambrose and have 2 boys (Anthony 10 and Christopher 8). They are my world! I've sadly gained back 27 lbs over the winter - I'm a stress/emotional eater. I found MFP on a WW message board - I was thinking of joing WW online but really didn't want to pay the $$ for it. So a woman referred me to MPF and I love it! It's definately motivating me to want to stay healthy - especially when I can log my food on my Android phone! Makes it SO easy! I've been one of those yo-yo dieters, trying everything under the sun. The one thing that worked for me was Zumba and eating right. So I'm back to those. Love reading the message boards and seeing all the good support out there! Lots of recipies and healthy food ideas! Awesome!

I also love to scrapbook - I go to 2 local workshops per year! Good girlfriend time! Happy to be a part of this group! Keeps me even more motivated!

:flowerforyou:
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Hi Loraine,

Hoping your DD has a quick recovery. Feel free to add me as a friend on here and we can motivate each other. I have 10-15 more to lose and have been stuck with out any real time to focus on working out. Like you I also Scrapbook-been doing it for over 10 years now and through it got into card and invitation making :)

Take Care
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I am Kelly and I am 47. I am a wife, mom and grandma. My hubby is a retired Army veteran. My son is in the Army. He and his wife and two boys (ages 7 and 11 months) are stationed in Kansas. My son-in-law is in the Navy so he, my daughter and two grandchildren (a boy age 8 and a girl age 5) are stationed in San Diego. Needless to say, my hubby and I travel quite a bit visiting the children and grandchildren. When we are not visiting, we send the grandchildren "goody" boxes and Skype almost everyday. I like to sew, quilt, scrapbook, make cards and jewelery. I am also in my second year of college (better late than never). I have lost 105 pounds and have 84 to go.
  • Carrebare
    Carrebare Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is Carrie, I have been married for almost 13 years I have 4 children,(Anthony,10, Bridgette, 8, Thomas, 6, and Mekaillah, 5) they keep me very busy. I had been a hair stylist for the last 11years, I love to do hair, but as I have had children I have had to cut back on my hours, and sense March I have not been working. (My Dad, Uncle, Grandma and cousin all pasted away one each week for 4 weeks. my boss was not so understanding of it I was left with no choice but to leave my job). I am a student on-line through Kaplan University for almost a year now. I love school, but between the kids and house work I stress over it...lol. I have learned that I am an emotional stress eater; food is my addiction, sadly you name the emotion I eat. Once I do get an exercise routine down and do it for a few weeks I enjoy it, just getting motivated to do it is my biggest problem lately. I also do a lot better when I log what I eat, so this is perfect for me.
    I wish you all luck! ♥♥
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • fmbarbuto
    Options
    Bump!
  • trishtrish84
    trishtrish84 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone.
    My name is Trish. I am 26 almost 27 year old Texan. I am engaged to the love of my life Chris. I have been overweight all of my life. Growing up no one ever taught me about healthy foods and exercise and then by the time someone tried I was already set in my ways of eating bad and being lazy. I need to lose about 140lbs or so. So far I have lost 7lbs and I am currently doing a Living Dead Zombie Apocalypse Challenge... Super fun!
    I do not scrap book but I have always wanted to learn how.
    My friends tell me that I am too old for my age because I crochet, Knit and sew... lol I just tell them that these are skills that will come in handy!
    As far as working out... Well I have a hard time getting motivated as well. Right now my biggest motivation is the challenge I am participating in and I think that is because I don't want to let my team mates down... So having other people to keep me motivated is a great thing... I hope I can help motivate someone else!
  • fmbarbuto
    Options
    Good morning Ladies! Had a busy weekend here and happy to be back on these boards - it's my new faebook!

Wanted to share what motivates me to lose my weight. I've been up and down with my weight loss for years. I start out very strong - eating right, planning my meals and writing everything down. Then after 10 lbs I stop writing. Then I stop planning. Then all of a sudden - I'm 20lbs heavier. I'm done. I can't do this anymore. This time I'm starting my journey with the end in mind. I don't expect it to happen overnight and I'm almost excited to see how long it will take me! I visualize my future figure as the one I had just last year - happy to be wearing my size 6 - walking by the mirror not shuddering. Actually stopping to admire how my body has changed and being proud of myself for all my hard work!

I'm taking it one meal at a time, one day at a time. I just had a challenge yesterday - we had my nieces baptism at a restaurant and I had no idea what I was going to eat! It made me feel very uneasy - especially since I could not plan. I didn't dwell on it. I passed on all the appetizers (all kinds of pizza, bruschetta, greens w/bread crumbs/butter, italian bread etc.) and ordered the fish from the predetermined menu! My salad came and I was thrilled - something I could enjoy! And I did! I ate half the fish and actually had a few fork fulls of angel hair pasta with herbs and garlic. Drank 2 glasses of unsweetened tea and left there proud! Was a huge NSV for me! I know I will have to go thru this again - I have a huge Italian family and many parties to attend. Keeping my goals front and center is what got me thru this and I feel even more proud today to tell you all about it!

I'm so thankful I've found a group of people to share my little victories with! It really motivates me!!!! Hope it motivates all of you!!!

Happy Monday! :flowerforyou:
  • fmbarbuto
    Options
    bump! :flowerforyou:

We need more friends to join our board!