I have an addiction

Options
2»

Replies

• ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I agree that Netflix is the way to go! I love the instant stream ones, because if it is boring then you just stop it and start another one!

I have Netflix. My only down fall with them is that not as many options if you live in Canada then the US. Most of the tiles me and the kids search say unavailable. It's really frustrating.
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    i went through a phase of that several years ago... somehow i was a little confused. i thought BUYING the workout dvds would help me lose weight and firm up. lol. okay, i guess you actually have to DO the dvds you buy in order for them to help! ;-) :sad:

having said that, if you have a lot of dvds that you no longer want, may i proudly recommend www.swapadvd.com? this site allows you to send in your old no longer used dvds (of any kind, not only fitness) and by doing so earn credits for the dvds you want! you pay the postage for the dvds you send out, but the person who sends the dvd to you covers the postage, so it works out really well! :-) you can also trade credits with sister sites, paperbackswap.com and i think the other is swapacd.com. this might be a great way to unload some dvds and maybe even try new ones!
  • TonyaJ83
    TonyaJ83 Posts: 155
    Options
    I have Turbo Jam, ChaLEAN Extreme & P90X. I actually love them all & am currently getting through the ChaLEAN Extreme one & then adding Turbo or P90X on the "rest" days. I refuse to buy anymore of them though! LOL! That's enough. Then I walk my dog, treadmill & have a Pilates class twice a week.
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I have this same addiction. :) For fitness dvd's AND books. My husband steers me away from the bookstores if we're out because I'll stay in there for EVER and if I have money I'll spend it! And the same way with the dvd's. When we go in Walmart (which is where I usually purchase them) he'll try to avoid that section LOL!!!

I"m going to have to check out both the flirtygirl and the hulaerobics...they sound interesting!

I love the Netflix idea! I'm going to check that out tonight!! I didn't even think of it for fitness. I know most of the stuff I look for on there can't be instantly viewed. Hmph. LOL! But that would save me money if I could check it out on there first LOL
  • NA_Willie
    NA_Willie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Why dont you girls who blow money on these dvds just get them from the library or Netflix and then rip them? It will save you a TON of money.
  • Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options
    Why dont you girls who blow money on these dvds just get them from the library or Netflix and then rip them? It will save you a TON of money.

One- i wouldn't call it "blowing" money because I've used every single one of them. Two- I work hard to earn my money and like to spend some it on myself. Might as well buy something useful that will improve my health and fitness.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options

Well obviously if we were doing math we wouldnt be in this predicament would we? :wink:
  • NA_Willie
    Options

One- i wouldn't call it "blowing" money because I've used every single one of them. Two- I work hard to earn my money and like to spend some it on myself. Might as well buy something useful that will improve my health and fitness.
    Im saying you are blowing money because you arent ripping the movies for free instead of using your money. Im not saying that the actual item isnt good to have.
  • NA_Willie
    Options

Well obviously if we were doing math we wouldnt be in this predicament would we? :wink:
    There you girls go again trying to do math. Just concentrate on makeup and cooking. Lol.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options

There you girls go again trying to do math. Just concentrate on makeup and cooking. Lol.

ha! consider it done! (not cooking though)