Prayers needed

Options
Okay, my husband and I are originally from south central nebraska, but after college he taught in Orchard for 9 years, which is in north east Nebraska. Now we live back in South Central Nebraska, but still have tons of friends in Orchard. This week is State football play offs and the weirdest things ever Arapahoe (us) play Orchard in the first round. These teams are near 300 miles apart and have never played each. And now that we live here it is just odd that we will be playing up there, we have to go there because they are ranked higher, so they get the home field.

Any way we were pretty close to all the teachers up there and since we will be up there for the game, my kids wanted to sit in with their old classes, so I was calling the teachers to see if that would be okay. I couldn't get a hold of one of the teachers, so I called her son's house (another teacher and the football coach). He said that they were on there way to Omaha. His dad's sister had been shot. Her husband was in the hospital there, and she got shot in the parking lot of the hospital. They didn't know how she was doing but she was in critical condition.

I heard on the news this morning that there was a murder in Omaha last night, that a lady was shot in the hospital parking lot. any way if you guys could pray for her family that would be great.

Replies

• Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Okay, my husband and I are originally from south central nebraska, but after college he taught in Orchard for 9 years, which is in north east Nebraska. Now we live back in South Central Nebraska, but still have tons of friends in Orchard. This week is State football play offs and the weirdest things ever Arapahoe (us) play Orchard in the first round. These teams are near 300 miles apart and have never played each. And now that we live here it is just odd that we will be playing up there, we have to go there because they are ranked higher, so they get the home field.

Any way we were pretty close to all the teachers up there and since we will be up there for the game, my kids wanted to sit in with their old classes, so I was calling the teachers to see if that would be okay. I couldn't get a hold of one of the teachers, so I called her son's house (another teacher and the football coach). He said that they were on there way to Omaha. His dad's sister had been shot. Her husband was in the hospital there, and she got shot in the parking lot of the hospital. They didn't know how she was doing but she was in critical condition.

I heard on the news this morning that there was a murder in Omaha last night, that a lady was shot in the hospital parking lot. any way if you guys could pray for her family that would be great.
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    How sad! I'll be praying.
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    :brokenheart: how awful....... i will def. be praying for her family.
  • Laynee
    Laynee Posts: 45
    Options
    Prayers going up for them right now.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Sending lot's of love & prayers your way!:heart:
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    that's crazy!
    we will def be praying! :flowerforyou:
  • deamarie
    Options
    So terrible! What is this world coming to?? They are in my prayers.
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    Thanks guys. I feel so bad for them. She was an older lady just going to the hospital to see her husband. She wouldn't have been a threat to anyone.
  • NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness-Yes, you and your friends are definitely in my prayers today. Please keep us informed.
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    That's terrible I say a prayer for her
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    You got it. We will add you to our church prayer list too.
  • emibmas
    emibmas Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    You got it!:flowerforyou:
  • Periphria
    Periphria Posts: 358
    Options
    their in our thoughts and prayer.:cry:
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    Augh. I heard wrong earlier. She didn't die. Yeah! They must have said attempted murder. What a relief. She is in critical condition though.
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I'm praying ... comfort and strength for the family ... wisdom for the doctors ... courage & healing for the victim...