Exercise and pain

Options
I've had a messed up right foot for as long as I can remember, MAYBE coming from when I twisted my ankle falling off of the monkey bars in kindergarten, but never diagnosed it. I DUNNO, that's the only thing I can think of. Plus, I began thinking that it hurt just because I'm short and overweight. Of course those factors aren't helping it, but then why doesn't the other foot hurt the same...?

Anyways, ever since I started working out again, the pain in that foot has gone down a few notches. It still hurts every once in a while, but overall it's feeling better.

Does anyone else have anything like this; a recurring/existing pain that started feeling better, or even went away completely when you started exercising? OR did it get worst?

Replies

• bigislandgrrl
    bigislandgrrl Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My back pain has completely gone. I havent lost enough weight for that to be the reason. I think mostly its because I get up early now and work out, rather than laying in bed for that extra hour that I normally would have. I was a lazy *kitten* before I started MFP!
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    My back pain has completely gone. I havent lost enough weight for that to be the reason. I think mostly its because I get up early now and work out, rather than laying in bed for that extra hour that I normally would have. I was a lazy *kitten* before I started MFP!
    I know what you mean. I get knots like crazy, but I think all the cardio I'm doing is loosening up the muscles or something. :)
  • ChelDM
    ChelDM Posts: 145
    Options
    I put my back out doing Zumba...It took me from April ongoing to resolve the pain issue...There was an old ankle injury I had years ago that was exacerbated by the back problem...I now need cortisone injections and epidurals for pain and will not be able to do anymore Zumba or high impact work outs...

DO NOT workout through pain...unless you want to risk not being able to workout in the future.

Take good care of your health and listen to your body and get injuries diagnosed as they occur.

Good luck!
  • flakey63
    flakey63 Posts: 13
    Options
    Isn't that weird but terrific!! I'm a bit up there in age and have had several surgeries, 3 back, 5 knee with both knees replaced...poor me!! lol no really the only thing that makes day to day tolerable for me is to walk every day!!! Lessens my back pain considerably...I'm so glad you are getting some relief and doing it with exercise which is so good for all of us...I have been lifting things that I shouldn't be and my back has been acting up this week so I am going to forgoe the gym for a few days and just walk..keep it up and soon you'll be pain free..All the best!!!