P90X vs. Insanity dvd. Which is better?

Options
I've been hearing a lot about both P90x and Insanity and I figured I would try one out. Does anyone have any tips on which is better in terms of its effectiveness? Oh yeah I need more friends too so feel free to add me!!

Replies

• Mills187
    Mills187 Posts: 171
    Options
    DUDE Insanity is where its at to cut P90X you will be bulking check out my blog I just posted about insanity Im burning like 1000 plus calories a day let me know if you need any help bro!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Mills187/view/do-i-think-anyone-will-read-this-no-do-i-care-ok-maybe-a-little-124935
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Both are great programs it all depends on your goals! Do you want to build muscle? P90x would really help with that! Insanity is mostly cardio and will get you cut but not as much as P90x! My opinion!
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Love both for different reasons. Ive done Insanity twice and now doing P90x. Everyone said do them in opposite order but I am glad I did them like this.
  • Mills187
    Mills187 Posts: 171
    Options
    Both are great programs it all depends on your goals! Do you want to build muscle? P90x would really help with that! Insanity is mostly cardio and will get you cut but not as much as P90x! My opinion!

I like P90X because I feel like it is alot more intense shorter workouts and its only 60 days alot faster results
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    INSANITY IS AWESOME :bigsmile:
  • mhig011975
    mhig011975 Posts: 181
    Options
    Both are great programs. However, if you want more muscle, P90X is it!!!!!!!! BRING IT!!!!!!
  • hmlee1987
    hmlee1987 Posts: 1
    Options
    I looooove Insanity. It is an amazing cardio workout, and it's a 60 day program, instead of 90. I agree with the fellow replies... If you want to bulk up and build muscle, Insanity won't get you there, but watch you'll see your waist slim down and you'll feel fantastic!!!
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    They are two completely different things. P90X is all about weight training and building muscle. Insanity is all about increasing your cardio performance, shredding fat, and is a plyo program. So neither is "better", just depends on what you want to do.

I'd offer some info if you want to message me. I'm sure you've been bombarded by Beachbody Coaches already ;)
  • jjwiggins
    jjwiggins Posts: 1 Member
    Options

I like P90X because I feel like it is alot more intense shorter workouts and its only 60 days alot faster results

I think you got this backward. Insanity has shorter but more intense workouts (about 45min) and lasts 60 days. While P90x is more like 1.5 hours and lasts 90 days.

I started with P90x but just couldn't fit the 1.5 hours a day into my life. Both are fun workouts. Insanity is more cardio/sports training type drills where p90x is more bulking and weights. Both really great though.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options

I think you mean Insanity....

I've done both and like both and now do a hybrid: P90X for muscle toning and Insanity for the cardio. Doesn't get any better than that :)
  • bmarq21
    bmarq21 Posts: 45
    Options
    Right now i'm looking more to lose some weight and slim down rather than bulk up!! I figured I should drop some weight before I attempt to sculpt anything lol
  • grimms11208
    grimms11208 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I loved P90X when I got it and have since used it for the last 4 months as my regular workouts usually sticking with the more cardio focused DVD's I lost around 15lbs in the last 6 months. I was also only eating 1200-1600 calories a day depending on how much I exercised...

Then I got insanity. I started on Monday and am back to about a 2000 calorie diet (still hungry a lot, thinking about eating even more!) and I have lost almost 3lbs since Monday!!! So for me Insanity is the way to go!

But I have to also put a disclaimer that P90X did get me ready for Insanity...
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I don't care which one is better, I GOT MY INSANITY PACKAGES TODAY FROM BEACHBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    double post
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/287254-p90x-or-insanity-first

Your body burns fat better with muscle. P90X has cardio DVD's within the program to help you shred.