bummed out

Options
i see all these results on here and i wish i were there already. does it ever get easier with wanting more today? i wish i had results that happened immediately. sometimes i get discouraged when it takes so long, because i think of all the time i wasted eating and being unhealthy that sometimes i think it won't happen. sometimes it is actually shameful that i wasted so many years. but at least i'm doing it now, right? i am just venting. it's nice to be able to write my feelings out sometimes.

Replies

• Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I felt like that.... Then I fell off the wagon and gained 20 pounds... Got back on and doing much better...
  • trout78
    trout78 Posts: 102
    Options
    I totally understand were you are coming from...I too would like it to all come off right now, but you also have to remember that sometimes good things come to those who wait! I know it is hard to be patient especially when you want something so bad, but you can do it, you really can! Just know that you are strong, that if it comes off slowly that is okay! You have the support of this great MFP community to help get you through!
  • alz139
    alz139 Posts: 36
    Options
    I know the feeling well, to be honest I was thinking exactly the same earlier. What you need to remember, is that like you said, you're doing something about it! And that's what matters. You CAN do this. There's no point dwelling on the past, focus on the present and future! Losing weight is not easy but its not impossible either. Good Luck.
  • PhiMuHoney
    PhiMuHoney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! Today I had kind of a funky-woe is me day, but then I reminded myself that by doing it the right way instead of trying to get it done too fast, I'm not just losing weight, I'm living a healthier life. You can do it!! As Dory says... "Just Keep Swimming!"
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    slightedge.org read the book or listen to the cd-it has helped me more than anything-
    it's about taking very small steps and each step you take you are going towards or against your goal.
  • kariannk
    kariannk Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    thanks peeps it helps to know that others have felt this way and that i'm not alone!! my mood has become a little brighter:)
  • CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    Options
    I feel like that sometimes. I've been here for over a year and have only lost a fraction of what some others have lost in the same time frame. It's depressing sometimes but I get over it. I think it does get easier if you accept that some lose faster, more, differently, etc.