Hi, Im new here

Nonibug
Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
My name is Roni and I just stumbled across this site this morning and am looking forward to being here! I have been "changing my lifestyle" for 5 weeks now and been recording everything I eat and all my exercise in a notebook :) So far I have lost 6 lbs! I whole-heartedly agree with not seeing myself as on a diet...I dont plan to reach my goal and then stop. I am making a change in my life! I have been overweight for about 20 yrs now (I am 41 yrs old) and I just kept sitting back and watching my weight increase progressively over the years.
About 2 months ago, I found out the my cancer has returned. (I have malignant melanoma that I have had 2 surgeries for and was originally diagnosed with 7 yrs ago. Up until 2 months ago I thought I was all "cured" and in the clear. No such luck. Anyway, its back again and I have 2 upcoming surgeries (outpatient). I guess you could say that although I always hated my weight and my body shape, that was a wake-up call for me. I have a long way to go, I realize that, but I also realize that it doesnt happen until you take that first "step" at making it happen. So, I did that 5 weeks ago. Im looking forward to sharing stories here, sharing and getting tips and reading all your success stories and of course the setbacks that is so much a part of life! Thanks for having me!

Replies

• Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    My name is Roni and I just stumbled across this site this morning and am looking forward to being here! I have been "changing my lifestyle" for 5 weeks now and been recording everything I eat and all my exercise in a notebook :) So far I have lost 6 lbs! I whole-heartedly agree with not seeing myself as on a diet...I dont plan to reach my goal and then stop. I am making a change in my life! I have been overweight for about 20 yrs now (I am 41 yrs old) and I just kept sitting back and watching my weight increase progressively over the years.
    About 2 months ago, I found out the my cancer has returned. (I have malignant melanoma that I have had 2 surgeries for and was originally diagnosed with 7 yrs ago. Up until 2 months ago I thought I was all "cured" and in the clear. No such luck. Anyway, its back again and I have 2 upcoming surgeries (outpatient). I guess you could say that although I always hated my weight and my body shape, that was a wake-up call for me. I have a long way to go, I realize that, but I also realize that it doesnt happen until you take that first "step" at making it happen. So, I did that 5 weeks ago. Im looking forward to sharing stories here, sharing and getting tips and reading all your success stories and of course the setbacks that is so much a part of life! Thanks for having me!
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    welcome! :drinker:

:heart: erica
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    welcome welcome welcome! You are going to love it here :flowerforyou:
  • fatgottago
    fatgottago Posts: 222 Member
    :flowerforyou: Welcome, this site is great! The people are real supportive!!! If you need anything just ask!!!!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.