Susan G Komen 3Day for the Cure

Options
This year will be my 3rd year in this event .... I walk the San Diego walk .. just curious if there is anyone else out there doing this walk .. would love to meet you here and then in person in November !!!

Stephanie

Replies

• sreimer07
    sreimer07 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I participated in one of these events a couple years ago in Santa Barbara. My Aunt and I were just talking about doing another one down in San Diego. I doubt i'll be able to do it this year. But i will definitely shoot for next year.
  • ThumperWabbt
    ThumperWabbt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I did the San Francisco 3 Day last year, and this year I'm doing SF again and adding Atlanta to the mix. I'll have about 6 weeks to recover from SF...hopefully I won't croak partway through Atlanta ;) The fund raising is probably the toughest part this year...I'm doing a raffle of sorts, hoping that the chance at a Kindle, an iPod, and an iPad will draw enough in to cover both walks. The walking part has gotten easier, at least in training.

A friend of mine did San Diego last year and loved it, other than getting rained on :) This year a friend is crewing there (as well as SF and Atlanta...she's gonna be busy!)

Best yet, the Spouse Thingy will be there with me this year; he's medical crew and won't be walking, but at least I'll have a tent mate I kind sorta like ;)
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    My mom is doing it!!!!! She is way excited about it!! Shes on here too Madmadi41
  • Wuzzlicious
    Options
    Aw! Good for you! I've done it three times in Seattle and as you well know, it's such an amazing experience. Good luck with everything!
  • ThumperWabbt
    ThumperWabbt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I think "amazing" is an understatement ;)
  • stephanieharmon
    stephanieharmon Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    yes "amazing" is an understatement !! I am absolutely inspired by my angels, fighters, and survivors that I proudly walk for and in memory of .. they are my inspiration !!!
  • nwhiker1
    nwhiker1 Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm training for the 3-Day in Seattle. So glad for the temperate weather. Can't imagine what it would be like to walk these long miles in hot sticky weather. I'm a two-time survivor, over 60 and walking, walking, walking. Hope the knees and feet hold out. Trying to lose 1 pound a week on the way to the big walk. This week I'm shooting for 30 plus miles of walking in preparation. Good luck to all of you.
  • nwhiker1
    nwhiker1 Posts: 12
    Options
    Whoops, posting again by mistake.