Turning my life around

Hello everyone! I'm new here.

In just a little over a month, I'll turn 50. This is not how I want my life to be....."fat and 50." My goal is to be "fit and 50."

For most of my life, I've prayed and prayed for help with my uncontrollable appetite and unwholesome lifestyle which has resulted in a very unhealthy weight that has contributed to a worry of having high sugar, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol, and an overall feeling of hopelesness and helplessness.

I recently joined a new gym, and today I begin "Fitness Pal."

I'm turning my life around, and today is the first day of the rest of my life.....and that life is going to be a healthier one.

Kirby

Replies

• KirbyT
    KirbyT Posts: 4
    Hello everyone! I'm new here.

In just a little over a month, I'll turn 50. This is not how I want my life to be....."fat and 50." My goal is to be "fit and 50."

For most of my life, I've prayed and prayed for help with my uncontrollable appetite and unwholesome lifestyle which has resulted in a very unhealthy weight that has contributed to a worry of having high sugar, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol, and an overall feeling of hopelesness and helplessness.

I recently joined a new gym, and today I begin "Fitness Pal."

I'm turning my life around, and today is the first day of the rest of my life.....and that life is going to be a healthier one.

Kirby
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Welcome and good luck to being fit and 50!
  • I'm a big believer in "the Lord helps those who help themselves" and it sounds like you have got the right attitude when it comes to getting healthy!! Best of luck to you!!
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Hi Kirby! You've come to the right place ... welcome! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I'm going to be 50, too, in about six months. I finally decided that I had let fat rob me of my life for far too long. I like your quote ... and it's very true ... if you persist day by day you will succeed!

A tip that lots of people shared with me when I joined was to log everything BEFORE you eat it. That has helped me a lot! Also, there are message threads at the top of the General Diet board that are super helpful, so read those as you have time.

You're going to love it here! I wish you lots of success!!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Welcome to MFP
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Congratulations! You have taken those first steps (gym and MFP) to becoming a better you:flowerforyou: Welcome:happy:
  • Welcome Kirby:smile:
    I just joined yesterday, This is a fantastic site, Very fun and Friendly. I turned fifty one in July and I'm in the exactley the same space as yourself. No More Fat and Fifty for me either. Will look forward to seeing you here in the future. Best of Luck
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Keep it up girl, it's been 7 years for me. You can do it!:happy: You'll feel so much better. TRUST ME! Kath
  • KirbyT
    KirbyT Posts: 4
    Thanks for your great comments! It's good to be here!