Vitamins

Options
Ok, so recently I've heard a lot of negativity about vitamins, and basically they're a waste of money. I take half of a generic multivitamin everyday, and I have to say, it's a pretty noticeable difference in my energy level, and over all just the way I feel. Not over night, but the longer I take them, the better I feel.

So I am just wondering does anyone take vitamins and notice a difference, or is this just the "placebo effect"?

Replies

• calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i notice a difference! i have more energy and generally just feel better.
  • kslindner
    kslindner Posts: 107
    Options
    I take 10 different vitamins a day and I definitely notice a difference... Although I have heard negative things about them, too, I will continue to take them. :)
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I believe Multivitamin/Multimineral supplements are a prudent measure.
  • WiiFitFan
    WiiFitFan Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    If you are interested in learning about vitamins, Andrew Lessman will be on HSN tonight and periodically throughout the weekend. He makes his own vitamins which I believe to be the best source around. Even if you don't buy from him, he is a wealth of knowledge.
  • annakoral
    annakoral Posts: 6
    Options
    I've noticed my hair and skin are vastly better when I take vitamins. I also love my fiber, it makes me feel great.
  • honeyX0
    honeyX0 Posts: 26
    Options
    I was taking a Women's One a Day but then stopped because of that same reason... but I know I need more vitamins than I eat especially iron
  • edenjoy3
    edenjoy3 Posts: 45
    Options
    Scientifically vitamins like the B complex vitamins and vitamin C are water soluble meaning if your body reaches its limit you simply pee them out. Lets say you get enough of those vitamins from your diet AND you take the pills for those vitamins then it would be a waste of money because youre simply peeing out the excess and your money because you paid for that extra vitamin. Other vitamins such as A D E and K are absorbed in the fat so if you have an excess of these vitamins it is simply stored in your fat for later use. Depending on your diet they could be benefial...whether or not they make you feel better would be left up to the holistics.
  • shellythehippie
    shellythehippie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    ^ That is exactly why I half my vitamins.