Miracle Noodles recipes

Options
Ok, so I gave in and purchased the variety pack of the Miracle Noodles http://www.miraclenoodle.com

I tried a simple recipe - noodles in boiling water, patted dry, then into a sautee pan, a bit of oil, and began frying them up. Added some soy sauce, and gave them a try.... uhhh, not the best.

So, threw them back in the pan, and added some spices (garlic powder, hot madras curry powder, and cayenne pepper). They came out good and spicy, but there is still something missing?

I think the next time will be with spag sauce to see how that comes out, but the texture is really weird; maybe I am just not used to it. Anyone have anytried and successful tasty recipes for these noodles?
Thanks,
Dan

Replies

• Justcallmejenny
    Options
    tried them, hated em...wont be making them again :sick:
  • sliskie
    sliskie Posts: 1
    Options
    The problem I have with these noodles is, since they're fake and all, they don't absorb whatever sauce I add to them. The best I got with them is I made an alfredo sauce with laughing cow cheese, milk, ff cream and a myriad of herbs and spices and tossed some chicken on top. Again, they don't absorb the sauce. Good luck in your adventures with these 'noodles' and be sure to share whatever you come up with!!
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about the Shirataki noodle substitute? There's lots of Hungry Girl recipe's for them. My aunt made me one once. I think it was with stirfy vegies and bean sprouts and soy sauce. You can add chix but I'm veggie.
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about the Shirataki noodle substitute? There's lots of Hungry Girl recipe's for them. My aunt made me one once. I think it was with stirfy vegies and bean sprouts and soy sauce. You can add chix but I'm veggie.
  • jjhanlon
    jjhanlon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I almost bought some of these... If they are that bad I won't!!! Has anyone had any luck with them?
  • Caharleygirl
    Caharleygirl Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    We eat them about once a week in a Chicken Teriyaki Stirfry...that is the only way I have ever made them. But they are good and even my hubby likes them that way. Yes they have a weird texture but not bad just weird. Since we try to eat low-carb, it is nice for a change. Keep meaning to try the alfredo with laughing cow recipe but never get around to it.
  • Jackie_Snape80
    Options
    Bump! I too am interested in some recipes for these things. I hear so much about them on the forums
  • amyliu7
    amyliu7 Posts: 17
    Options
    i just bought these online yesterday. i got the variety pack as well. i was just planning on throwing some spaghetti sauce on them. has anyone tried that?
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I've only used the angel hair in chicken and veggie stir fry. I like them that way, but haven't tried them any other way.
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Seems like people either love them or hate them, read many different reviews