My 30 Day Shred Results + Reward!

Options
Wow, It feels so weird to be writing one of these threads instead of creeping on them! So, I have just finished my 30 Day Shred. I lost 16.5 inches (Keep in mind, I did measure quite a few places), and 5.3lbs. during those 30 days. I only took a 3 day rest break during the July 4th weekend, only because I was camping and there was no place to do the shred. I am 5 feet 4.75 inches. Besides the 30 Day shred, I went on a couple walks with my dog, a couple jogs, and ate the recommended 1200 calories a day plus exercise calories. I'm so excited to share my results! I hope you can see the changes, because I sure have. I'm also going to warn you that there are some wacky tan lines in the after picture. I don't ever expose my tummy, especially in swim suits, so that's why its so white compared to the rest of my body. HAHA! I want to thank all my MFP friends who did the shred with me and kept me motivated and for all of my friends who kept pushing me to stay dedicated! So blessed to know you all! Now after a week long vacation, I plan to come back and start Jillian Micheal's Ripped In 30!!

In the pictures, I'd like to point out that my shorts would not fold over all the way on day one in the back.. but they do now in day 30.. I can even roll them twice!

Day 1: 6/13/11 - Day 30: 7/14/11 Start - Finish – Total lbs/in. lost

Height: 5”4 and 3/4ths.
Weight: 152.3
[-5.3 lbs.]
Natural Waist: 31
[-3in.]
Hips: 42
[-2.5 in.]
Inch below Belly Button: 39
35.5 [-3.5 in.]
R Thigh: 25
[-2 in.]
L Thigh: 25
[-1.5in.]
Bust: 35.5
[-2in.]
L Arm: 12
[-2in.]
R Arm: 11
[Same]
Total Inches Lost = 16.5
Total lbs. lost=5.3 lbs.

Day 1:
eun8tl.jpg

Day 30:
apfmds.jpg

Here's me flexing my non-existent muscles!
30kdlaw.jpg

Alright, so I told my MFP friends that I went to Target and bought a dress - size MEDIUM! I haven't fit in Medium in forever! (From the shred I have gone down 3 pant sizes by the way.. thats how legit the results are if you work hard at it!) Anyways, I bought this dress as a reward for my hard work with the shred, and I said I would take a picture in it, so here it is!

16hs2vc.jpg

So there you have it. I hope the differences are apparent because to me they sure are! Everytime I walk past a mirror I do a double take and think.. they can't be me! HAHA!

Replies

• pkarim
    pkarim Posts: 171
    Options
    wow you look great, good job!
  • ItsJustK
    ItsJustK Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    WOWWWW! You did awesome! I am doing the shred right now, still in the beginning of level 2 - - but your results make me want to keep at it. WAY TO GO! Love the dress! :)
  • fairfieldbeach
    fairfieldbeach Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    great job! pretty dress, too!
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    Way to go! You look awesome! What exactly is the 30 day shred? Just a workout program?
  • stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    How awesome! Thanks for motivating us to keep at it!
  • courtneylwatson
    courtneylwatson Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Awesome! it is crazy what 30 days of hard work can do for you. I am on day 16 of the shred right now and I can't wait till the end for weigh in and measurements.
  • agleckle
    agleckle Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You look so great! Today is day 10 of the shred for me and I hope I have results as noticeable as yours!
  • Singergirl91
    Options
    You look incredible! I just started that today, and I feel awesome already :) Thanks for your inspiration. Actually seeing your results is a huge motivation to me and i can't wait to see some of my own!
  • agleckle
    agleckle Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look awesome! What exactly is the 30 day shred? Just a workout program?

The 30 day shred is a Jillian Michael's workout dvd... it is set up so there are 3 levels, increasing in difficulty. Alot of people (including myself) go 10 days at level 1, 10 days at level 2 and then 10 days at level 3 to hit the 30 days but you can move up whenever you feel ready for the next level!
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options

It's a workout DVD by Jillian Micheals from The Biggest Loser!
    It's a 20 minute workout plus a warm up and cool down!
    There are 3 circuits each containing: 3 minutes strength, 2 of cardio, 1 of abs!
    Hope that helps!

Thanks so much for your kind words everyone, super excited I can keep you motivated! I know how much motivation I needed during the 30 days! Keep at it though, you're going to be so proud of yourself at the end of the 30 days!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Amazing results! You deserve that pretty dress after your hard work!
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOOSSH!!! I am soo EXCITED FOR YOU!!!! Congratulations you look fabulous:heart: !!! All of that hard work really paid off and now you can go and rock your Target dress:glasses: . You go and enjoy yourself girl!:wink:
  • missxchelly
    missxchelly Posts: 180
    Options
    OMG K!! You look amazing! So so so so so great. You already know I'm proud of you. WOOHOO! Keep it up!
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB HUN!!!!

you have really inspired me i begin my shred 07/15 thr 08/15 and will let you know how it goes.

again CONTRATULATIONS YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!!
  • 623Hernandez
    623Hernandez Posts: 458
    Options
    AWESOME!
  • MegRuthie
    MegRuthie Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    HOLY SHRED!! You look great!! Inspirational! Glad we're friends because of the 30DS, you've been a great motivator even though I didn't finish. I'm back at it and a month from now, I hope to post pics of me in MY rewards dress (which I already own, but never wore it because I gained weight before I had the occasion to.) Keep up the great work. Way to go lady!
  • bhelmreich
    bhelmreich Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    you look great!! ive never done 30ds all the way through. I tend to just use it when I do not have time for Insanity or gym. Maybe I need to give it a try.
  • Morglem
    Morglem Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    You look great! Huge difference! I'll have to take on the 30 DS soon.
  • kathyvanpelt
    Options
    Wow, U look great. I just started the 30 day shred today but can't figure out how to log it in my exercise.:frown:
  • shad1018
    shad1018 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success, you can really tell the difference in the pics. I am going to look into the 30 day shred and see what it is all about. Thanks for sharing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!