"cheat" days

Options
2»

Replies

• KJackson50
    KJackson50 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great replies everyone! I'm going to seriously think about everything you all have said and see what's best for me and my weight loss venture.
  • westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Who are you "cheating"? Claim accountability for what you eat; everything has consequences. Different choices in diet (in the sense of what you're eating, not as in a "diet" diet) will have different consequences. Choose wisely and choose informedly.
  • KJackson50
    Options
    Some really good insight here
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    You can cheat every day if you want as long as you:

1. Eat at a caloric deficit of what your maintenance is.

2. Hit your macros.

The type of food you eat, meal timing, eating late at night and all that does NOT matter when it comes to weight loss.
  • KJackson50
    Options
    I don't have cheat meals or cheat days.

I eat what I want, when I want. I make sure it fits into my calories for the day, I eat it, I log it and I move on.

For me, knowing I can have whatever I want - whenever I want it makes me realize this is less of "diet" and more of a lifestyle change. I like knowing I can eat it when I want it vs having to wait for a special meal or special day.

I like your style. My dad has the same theory. As long as you're staying below your calorie intake, and also getting some exercise you'll def lose the weight. Thanks for the insight!

Awsome job I might add with the weight you've lost so far!
  • KJackson50
    Options

2. Hit your macros.

The type of food you eat, meal timing, eating late at night and all that does NOT matter when it comes to weight loss.

I'm sort of new to serious eating change, what are macros?
  • joejccva71
    Options

2. Hit your macros.

It's no problem. Macros are your Macronutrients which is Proteins, Carbs, and Fats. As long as you hit your minimums, it does not matter the type of food you eat to lose the weight. Take your multivitamins and fish oil to make up for any deficiencies you have.

You should get 1g of protein per lb of LBM (Lean Body Mass).
    You should get .35g-1g of fat per lb of bodyweight.
    Rest into carbs, more proteins, and more fats....

TO REACH YOUR CALORIC INTAKE FOR THE DAY.

Do you know how many calories you are burning each day in a 24 hour period?
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I don't have cheat meals or cheat days.

I eat what I want, when I want. I make sure it fits into my calories for the day, I eat it, I log it and I move on.

For me, knowing I can have whatever I want - whenever I want it makes me realize this is less of "diet" and more of a lifestyle change. I like knowing I can eat it when I want it vs having to wait for a special meal or special day.

Same here!!! Personally when I say "I can't have this, I can't have that " I set myself uo for disaster! so i'm practing portion control and moderation...it's not perfect but I def. come a long way :)

AMEN...... some have asked what are your ideas for low cal/diet foods I can have....I dont know... I eat anything I want...just in moderation now and I have really upped my workouts..from nearly nothing to at least 30 minutes a day...
  • KJackson50
    Options

2. Hit your macros.

It's no problem. Macros are your Macronutrients which is Proteins, Carbs, and Fats. As long as you hit your minimums, it does not matter the type of food you eat to lose the weight. Take your multivitamins and fish oil to make up for any deficiencies you have.

You should get 1g of protein per lb of LBM (Lean Body Mass).
    You should get .35g-1g of fat per lb of bodyweight.
    Rest into carbs, more proteins, and more fats....

TO REACH YOUR CALORIC INTAKE FOR THE DAY.

Do you know how many calories you are burning each day in a 24 hour period?

I used the calculator on the site and it says I burn 2,175, not including any extra exercise I do
  • joejccva71
    Options
    I used the calculator on the site and it says I burn 2,175, not including any extra exercise I do

Ok then depending on your activity level you adjust from there. Remember a few things here. It's not just when you work out at the gym. It's EVERYTHING. It's walking, working at your job, going to the store, taking a shower, sleeping, everything you have to take in consideration.

It makes a difference.

You'd be surprised on what you burn every day.

What is your job?
    How long are you training at the gym? What are you doing? Cardio? Lifting? Both?
    What do you do after you get home from work? Are you on the computer? Outside playing ball?
  • KJackson50
    Options

Ok then depending on your activity level you adjust from there. Remember a few things here. It's not just when you work out at the gym. It's EVERYTHING. It's walking, working at your job, going to the store, taking a shower, sleeping, everything you have to take in consideration.

It makes a difference.

You'd be surprised on what you burn every day.

What is your job?
    How long are you training at the gym? What are you doing? Cardio? Lifting? Both?
    What do you do after you get home from work? Are you on the computer? Outside playing ball?

hmm, well I have a desk job. So not a whole lot of calories coming from that. I try to do things like push ups and such during breaks.

I actually just got back into working out having lived a lax lifestyle for some months. I generally do walking on certain days, and weight lifting on the other days. Just generally getting back into the swing of things.