Trading one addiction for another.

Options
Okay, so I'm a bit of a food addict. I find myself getting a little anxious and bored not having something to munch on all the time. And I just realized that I've been replacing that with constant internet usage. Don't know what the answer is here, I have so many things to do that it's ridiculous that I'm spending so much time online. How do you deal with the anxiety and general boredom of breaking yourself of the eating hobby?

Replies

• tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking back in January and replaced smoking with eating and Just Dance 2 lol. Then I found MFP and have replaced eating with exercise. I find on days that I dont' workout I want to eat all day long and on days that I do workout I must be too busy, or something, to eat a bunch of food.
    I also really like to eat at night so now I go to bed when my kids go to bed lol.
    When I get 'hungry' I get up and do the dishes or sweep the floor and chug some water this almost always gets rid of 'hunger'.
  • jmehere
    jmehere Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Tabi26. I've been trading healthy habits, too. Yesterday was just a bad day, I guess partly because I was feeling sick and didn't feel like doing anything.
    It's funny, I find myself wanting something in my mouth, literally like needing pacifying. Maybe not much different than smoking.