Stronger, Better, Faster Fitness Challenge, Oct. 28

Options
Hello everybody. . .

Today is a trainer session. It's crazy blustery weather, and the coldest yet, with snow showers forecast for tonight. Ugh.

I'm hoping for a high calorie burning session, followed by a good night's sleep.

Date night involved gluten-free pizza and red wine. Left happy, and no "food hangover" this morning. Woo-hoo!

Take care of yourselves,
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody. . .

Today is a trainer session. It's crazy blustery weather, and the coldest yet, with snow showers forecast for tonight. Ugh.

I'm hoping for a high calorie burning session, followed by a good night's sleep.

Date night involved gluten-free pizza and red wine. Left happy, and no "food hangover" this morning. Woo-hoo!

Take care of yourselves,
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody. . .

Take care of yourselves,

wow I just saw how much weight you have lost congrats to you for your accomplishment-
  • akwhite
    akwhite Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Where did you get gluten free pizza??
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I'm in a city big enough to have several restaurants that make it. (lucky!)

But, Amy's makes a rice crust pizza that's pretty good. You can get it frozen at most health food stores. Actually, most health food stores will have a pretty good selection of wheat free options. :flowerforyou:

As you may know, decent gluten-free pizza is the holy grail of the celiac world. (my Dr.'s not sure if I'm wheat intolerant, or actually celiac. . .so I'm on the wheat free diet right now)
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hiya V and everyone. I'm glad you're feeling better wheat-free. They are threatening snow here tonight as well. :grumble:

I went to aerobics last night, and she did a bunch of leg/glute stuff during the 'conditioning' part of the class - so my butt is sore. I only got around to doing my pushup test late yesterday night, so I am a bit behind on repeating week 6. I'm planning to do day 1 over today. Other than that, no exercise planned. My brain seems to be in a fog lately when it comes to my project. Ugh!

Take care, all!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I did half of the Plyometrics dvd this morning. I should've toughed it out and done the whole thing...I would've felt so much better. There's just something about doing Airborne Heismans and Jump Squats at 4:30am that isn't appealing. :laugh: Anyway, my diet today isn't as great as it was yesterday, but I'll come in just under my calories and try to cleanup around the house to burn a few extra..maybe I'll even pop in a shred to hit my 60min of exercise, 6 days a week goal! Whoo! :happy:

Well I hope you're making the most of your day!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    V, I'm glad you have found wheat as the culprit although I know how easy it is (not!) to stay off of wheat. I wish you the best! I may be trying to do it again soon as well, just to see if I can tell a difference.
    CP, I hope you are able to make headway on your project soon!
    I am going to make myself do Taebo this afternoon, even though I really don't want to. I get stuck in a lazy rut when I haven't worked out (usually due to AF) in awhile and it's really hard for me to get out. My back still hurts for some reason, so it will be light today, no weights. I don't hurt bad bad. It just feels sore. It may even be from sitting on the couch too much. :tongue: So we'll see.
    Logging calories also. I've set it at 1400 which is my BMR. I actually let myself get hungry the last two days!:noway: It was kind of nice to feel that again.
    You ladies have a good day and I will check in later.
    MM
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Rach, cute hair cut! You're so pretty!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Rach, cute hair cut! You're so pretty!

Thanks! :blushing:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Rach - Jump squats are not appealing at any time of day.

I know what my husband feels like when he comes home from a day at work and someone asks him to work on the computer. I just finished cleaning, cooking, and running errands at my sister's house, drove 3.5 hours home, only to cook, clean, and run errands here. I've been gone 28 hours.

Haven't worked out today, but will walk a little tonight and call it a day off. Went to the gym with my sister yesterday, so I got a bonus workout in.

I think I'm ready for bed :laugh: - if I had to choose between sleeping and eating, I would choose sleeping.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Wow you have all been busy. Wish I could say I kept up with you. My only exercise today was walking my daughters dog. That and cleaning my bus after a student upchucked in it. Yeah really exciting day here:( Really tired the last couple of days and I don't know why. I will try to do aerobics tomorrow but my living room has almost no room left in it because that is where the dog crate is. Only room big enough for it. Also I noticed my knees are starting to hurt and that happens when I don't get enough movement. Fibromyalgia sucks! See you all tomorrow.