I don't have a food scale yet

Options
And I'm having a hard time determining how much food I'm eating! Tonight I made 3 big chicken breast halves, and I ate 1/2 of one. So I technically ate 1/4 chicken breast. But I don't know how to enter that on my diary.

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Just take your best guess. It was probably around 3 oz, which is about the size of a deck of cards.
  • bobbiedr
    bobbiedr Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You should get one. I have one and I use it all the time. I think mine was only like $20 at walmart, and it's digital. Love it!
  • cheri03
    cheri03 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Best money I ever spent. I was way overeating before mine.
  • DahnaLane
    DahnaLane Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You should get one. I have one and I use it all the time. I think mine was only like $20 at walmart, and it's digital. Love it!

Totally agree - Get one! :wink: I bought the el cheapo at Bed Bath & Beyond $4 (after 20%coupon). After you use it for a while you get to know amounts & can better guesstimate when away from your kitchen.

Your quote... I heard it in the movie "The Devil Wears Prada" ... don't know if it was original though. :happy:
  • Cking86
    Cking86 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Before I purchased my food scale, what I did was divide the net weight of my boneless breasts by how many breasts there were, enter the amount on MFP and got the calorie count.
  • runner328
    runner328 Posts: 174
    Options
    Food scale is a solid investment. I am terrible & guesstimating amounts. Even using measuring cups I would be way off. I weigh everything if I can.
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Why don't you get a food scale? Get a digital one as its easier to read and adjust portions, they are cheap these days.
  • sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    i need a food scale myself so i dont have to play the guessing game. i do measure everything. i have 3 sets of measuring cups. a deck of cards is a ser ving size portion of chicken.