My NSV

Options
99clmsntgr
99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
My company's HR department has a Wellness group that encourages our employees to get into shape. One of the things they sponsor is a once-a-week fitness camp, held Wednesdays after work at one of the campuses in town. This week we did one of my favorite workouts (as a matter of fact, I had almost begged for this workout). The campus where the workouts are held has a .83-mile track. The coaches for camp had set up four circuits around the track -- medicine ball slams, walking lunges, standing broad jumps and elephant stand step-ups (or you could jump up if you were brave enough). You run between stations, 15 reps at each station, AMRAP for 25-30 minutes (basically whenever they decide to stop the workout).

So we start the workout, circuit one complete no problem. Made good time, worked up a pretty good sweat. (Spoilers! Here comes the NSV) I get to the ball slams for circuit 2, grab the 20-pound medicine ball and, on slam number 1 of my set, my wedding band goes flying off my ring finger across the grass. <expletive deleted>! Immediately I abandon my medicine ball and start looking for my ring (I figure I'd be in more trouble if I came home sans wedding band than if I messed up my workout). So, over the course of the next 25 minutes (how long it took to find my ring) I think almost half of the campers had stopped to help me look.

Admittedly, my wedding band has been loose for a while. It had slipped off a couple times after washing my hands in the bathroom while I was drying them off. But never did I stop to think it would go flying off my sweaty hands because I slammed a medicine ball on the ground. Whoops. So tomorrow I get to go to the jewelers and buy a new wedding band (my current one is titanium which can't be resized), which my wife and I had been planning for a while (she needs to get hers resized because of the weight she's lost). But at least I got one last good story out of it before I get new one.

Replies

• YMTaylor
    YMTaylor Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    That's so fantastic...for both of you! Way to go!! :)
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    thats a good NSV....it was actually 2 victories, considering you found your ring and you get to live another day...=)
  • TheresaRichardson
    Options
    That is awesome, man! Congrats to both of you on the weight loss!!!! : )
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    So I ordered the new ring today. Ring size went from a 12-12 1/2 down to a 9. Wow.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!